Monday, July 14, 2008

I skipped 2 days....

Hi Everyone~

I appreciate the emails asking me why I haven't posted in 2 days! I will recap my weekend and you will see why....

On Saturday I am up and at it and I am off to the gym where I took a class where I wasnt prepared for all 1000(it was probably only 30 but it felt like 1000) lunges and squats!! I have been in this situation before so I know the soreness is soon to come! So I rush home to get all my cleaning done before I am not able to bend over! I get everything done and about 10:20pm I get a call from Mom who is in a full panic "Lucy wont wake up she is having a seizure" so I jump up and I am off to her house, of course this all goes down on the day it decides to rain so everyone is driving 5mph! I get to her house and we go straight to Rivergate animal hospital, which I am not a fan of! We get there and they take her back do all this mess to tell us they dont know what is wrong with her but they think she may have low blood sugar(keep in mind we paid $400 for them to tell us they dont know). Lucy seems a little better so we decide to take her home and that we will be at out regular vet first thing Monday morning. We get all the way home and Lucy starts shaking again and her head is wobbly. I call the animal hospital back and they say bring her in!!!I have decided on the way back to the animal hospital this isn't going to be a pretty visit! At this point it is 1am and if you know me I start to fall apart after 11pm. We get back and they take all this blood and run all these test for her to say "Well I still dont know...but let me look on the internet to see what I can find and oh yeah you owe us another $160.00" Ok at this point I start to loose it we take Lucy home and guess what I did...I went and looked it up on the internet MYSELF for FREE!!!!

Ok let me stop here to fill you in on some minor details! I ALWAYS have something to say so I need to point out some important facts here...
  • During our first visit to the animal hospital there was this very nice couple there waiting to here the news on their sick dog(it got into anti freeze) we spoke when we came in and that was about it before they called us back. We had a little break from visiting with the "I dont know doctor" so I go to the bathroom. While I am in the bathroom there is a knock at the door(the bathroom is in the waiting area so both people saw me walk in) so I dont say anything. The nice man proceeds to ask me how our little Yorkie is while I am in the bathroom!!! I just politely said "hold on a minute" and he continues to ask me questions WHILE I AM IN THE BATHROOM!!!
  • On our second visit to the animal hospital we meet a couple who has a drunk dog. They broguht their dog in because it drank a glass a wine. My thoughts are if you have a small dog dont leave food or drink in the floor...I was not impressed with these people.
  • Still on our second visit to the animal hospital Mom and I are waiting patiently to hear the results of Lucy's bloodwork. But guess what I hear instead the wonderful songs of guitar hero coming from the back where the staff is!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Its 2:30am you have people waiting and your playing GUITAR HERO!!!! Now I know why they have signs STAFF ONLY everywhere its a Xbox party in the back!!!!! I was furious....
  • Stilll on the second visit but this time we are waiting to pay, I guess waiting for someone to miss a note on Guitar Hero to take our money AGAIN for the "I dont know doctor"!! In comes this little person(he was drunk) another person(drunk as well) and their sick dog. The staff rushes the dog back and the office cat befriends the little person who was having no part of it! At this point I am laughing what else am I suppossed to do.

Ok here are on Sunday morning(after 2 hours of sleep) we are headed to the animal hospital on 12th Ave. hoping for some answers. We get there and the waiting room is the size of the backseat of my car!!! Mom, Lucy and I sit underneath the little TV blaring animal planet when something at the door catches my eye, well its a horse(not really)! These people come in with a Great Dane/St.Bernard mix dog(small horse) I have never in my life seen a dog that big! At this point I have learned that you have to talk to the other people in the animal hospital waiting room. We tell them what is wrong with Lucy and they tell us they found this horse on the side of the interstate!! All I have to say is good for them for picking him up(or hoisting him into their car) and brining him to the hospital. The dog was underwight and had no collar so those people actually kept him, that dog will eat them out of their home!!!

Ok back to Lucy, the vet there was nice she gave us two options Lucy either had a low blood sugar attack or she is having problems with her liver. They told us to take her home and watch her and told us what to do if she had another attack before we could get her to our vet. She did really well yesterday and last night. Mom took her to the vet today and they kept her up there this morning to watch her. They are going to send her lab work off just so that we can rule out the liver problem! She has been fine today so say a little prayer for our little Lucy~~

And this is why I didnt post for 2 days....

Oh yeah my legs are so sore it actuallypains me to sit down....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is normal for our life...stress and crazy....
It was like being in the twilight zone
<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...