I have to agree with Obama( I know its shocking isnt it) "Its time for Change"!! The theme of my 2009 is going to be CHANGE!!!! I need change in my life and I know it so I am ready to do something about it! Of course I have the same resolutions that I have had for the last 5 years but now I am making them a little bit simpler....
- I am going to stop wasting my money! I mean lets face it I dont make a lot so I dont know why I think I can go and spend $50 at Target every Sunday and shop all the time because I am bored! I tried the budget(that was a waste of time), I was thinking the other day if I stop wasting money I will have more money to save and get out of debt with(WOW it only took me 28 years to wrap my brain around that concept) My Pap-Paw always said "Pay yourself first, even if its only $1" Well my goal is to get out of debt but thats going to take awhile but I am definitely going to start paying myself-I am going to save $100 a month( i know its not a lot but its better than nothing)
- I am going to get healthy! Lets face it I can easily say I want to loose weight but I have said it ever year, right! Well this year I want to just be healthy and I think everything else will follow. I know what to do eat less and move more(easier said than done) all I can do is try and be aware of becoming healthy. I want a healthy heart and I know what I have to do to get that.
- I am going to do something nice for someone every month(lets face it everyday is to hard :) I want to do something nice for a stranger every month I want to help someone when I think they need it. I believe in Karma and I like that movie Pay it Forward so that is what I am going to try and do. I will keep you up to date on this as time goes on.
- I want to pray more if I anything I want to thank God daily for the life that he has given me. I want to pray for my family, friends,students and their families, complete strangers, our country, our New President.... Lets face it God knows the plan of my life why shouldn't I thank him for that and ask for guidance
- I want to be a better friend I am not in the phase of my life anymore to where I want to go out to bars every weekend anymore. Even though I dont want to do that anymore I can still get dressed up and go for dinner and drinks. I think I have gotten in the habit of blowing these things off but I want to change that. I want to catch up with old friends and make new friends!
- I want to try something new every month! I want to experience something new every month! It might be a trip, a Nashville experience, new types of food, a new adventure, doing something I have always wanted to do or something as simple as taking a new class at the gym! I am excited about this one, Stephanie beware I forsee you being involved in some of these adventures!
- I want to be content and Happy. I think everyone is always on the search for happiness but I need to learn to be content. I have the habit of going out and buying stuff when I am bored, sad or whatever else... I need to get to the bottom of that problem and realize that I have everything I need. I need to remind myself that STUFF isnt going to change my mood! I have also made the rule "if I bring something in then something has to go" if I buy a new shirt an old shirt as to go! I just wanted to add that because that will be hard for me. Anyways I am going to have to learn to be content with myself and be content with my life.
- I want to learn to stress less! This is so very hard for me! There are some things I can deal with it and handle but there are somethings that I absolutely fall apart over. Its not healthy to be STRESSED! I have to tell myself "It is what it is" I have to realize that everyhting is not going to always be easy but stressing out isnt going to help anything! My poor mother and granny always seem to get the blunt of my stress and thats not fair to them and I always end up looking back and being totally embarrassed by how I acted or by things I said!
Well this is my list! There are tons of other things that I can add but remember I am trying to be content. I am really going to work on all these things but I am not going to beat myself when I mess up! Please in 2 months ask me how all these things are going!