Thursday, January 22, 2009

Laughing....

Well here I am checking in and writing about my random thoughts. I did get in some gym time this week so I have sore legs but I feel better about myself. Well I am proud to say that I have done really good with saving money and embarrassed to say that I have saved $250 this month(compared to Novembers 2008 budget) by quitting my weekend mini shopping sprees to Target. It almost makes me want to go figure out how much money I spent at Target in 2008, I know that if I do I will not be sharing the number because I would be mortified!

I have been in the crafty mood lately, I will be posting some pictures on here of the Valentines cards I am making for the card swap. I started painting this letters that spell my name before Christmas and I still havent finished them so this weekend is going to a full weekend of crafting and playing with my Zoe.

Tonight I made some yummy potato off my new favorite blog.


Photobucket


Cheesy Potato Soup
4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 c. water
1/4 c. butter
3 T. flour
1/2 c. milk
2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. pepper

Combine potatoes, onion, and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. In skillet, melt butter; add flour. Cook and stir until mixture bubbles, about 1 min. Remove from heat and stir in milk. Return to heat; cook and stir until thickened. Stir mixture slowly into potato mixture. Add cheese and seasonings.




So are you wondering why this blog is titled "laughing"? Last night I was talking to Stephanie and she was telling me that her husband had taken Wilbur(their dog a bulldog) for a run. She told me that they run from the mailbox back to their front door. Let me stop here and give you a few details, her husband is a super great guy, he is what ya call that "tall dark and handsome" kind of guy. So picture the "tall dark and handsomeness" running with a bulldog and just totally wipingout. Ok you know how I laugh when people fall but when Steph was telling me about it I was absolutely dying of laughter. I mean I know he could have been really hurt and I know that he now has no skin on the palms of his hand but the way Steph was telling it was hilarious. I laughed so hard for 30 minutes and everytime I thought of it today I laughed. So best friends hubby I am sorry you fell but I would have paid big bucks to have seen that!! Oh yeah, I am glad you are ok :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...