Friday, February 27, 2009

Cookies...

Well I am in the baking spirit so tonight I made star cookies! I got the recipe from Annie(we work together) and they are yummy! I am just now venturing into the cooking world, I like it but I think that I need some more practice! Here are a few pictures of my STAR cookies





Sugar Cookies

  • 1 cup of unsalted butter

  • 1 cup granulated sugar

  • 1 large egg

  • 1 tsp. vanilla

  • 3 cups all purpose flour
In a large bowl cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes-stop and scrap bowl and beat for 1 more minute.
Beat in Egg and vanilla until well combined
Sift flour then add 1 cup at a time blend the last cup of flour by hand
divide the dough into 2 balls
set on wax paper and flatten into a disk
wrap and refrigerate dough for at least and hour
Take the dough and put on a flour surface and roll to 1/4inch thick and cut into a shape
Bake at 350 degrees 6-8 minutes Let cool than ice with the Royal Icing
She bakes them on a silicone mat
Royal Icing

  • 1 egg white at room temperature

  • 2-2 1/2 cups sifted powder sugar

  • 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
Beat egg white in small bowl until foamy
gradually add sugar and almond extract
She sometimes adds water a tablespoon at a time until it is the consistency she wants-add color with wilton icing dyes
Recipe from Annie Strickland

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...