Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I just get cake...



I remember my 13th birthday-I BEGGED my parents for wicker bedroom furniture(I know weird..huh) but I had it all picked out from Pier One and I knew exactly what I wanted! Probably 6 months before my birthday I would start begging- I would hang pictures of what I wanted on my dads bathroom mirror so that he could see it first thing in the morning! I would talk about it to my Mom about itthe WHOLE way to school and the WHOLE way home! I would even fill in Granny and Pap-Paw so we could we all be on the same pages! If I got desperate I would get my brothers involved too! I remember we always had a family party and we were getting ready for that when my mom told me that my dad was home- I was like ok but she said I should walk out there. And there in the back of his truck was my furniture!! I was so excited because with all my begging I just knew that I wasnt getting it! I am happy to say that I still have it and its at my moms and I still love it!Its funny that I love birthday memories but I dont like birthdays. As I get older the more I just want to pass over the day(which that day is July 30th). Stephanie oh my goodness is CRAZY over birthdays I mean she is already planning hers and its 4 months away! She always tries to get me all into mine but I just dont like it. I dont know if its the getting older thing and it makes me look at my life and just evaluate it or its the getting older thing...


This year I am officially just going to look at is as a day that I get cake and thats it-there is no reason for me to be bitter over it but I guess I everyone HAS TO HAVE a birthday :(


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...