Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Soul Mates...

Do you believe in Soul Mates? Do you think that there is that one person out there that is just for you? Do you think that there is only one person out there that completes you and makes you completely happy?


I like what Carrie Bradshaw( from Sex in the City, yes I refer to her as she is my friend)says about soul mates... "Soul mate, two little words, one big concept. A belief that someone somewhere is holding the key to your heart and your dream house. All you have to do is find them. So where is this person? And if you have someone and it didn’t work out, does that mean they weren’t your soul mates?"

With that I look at the relationships of my friends and family(dont be nervous I am only going to reference a few of you)... I have no doubt in my mind that my Granny found her soul mate in my Pap-Paw. I didnt know them obviously early in their marriage but I know that Pap-Paw was in the army and Granny had to work and I can not imagine having to take my husband( I know I dont have one but just follow me)to the base and leave him to go to war, WOW! I know they loved each other but I know they faced challenges that people my age wont ever have to face. I know that Stephanie has found her soul mate in Drew, they are best friends, he puts up with her(KIDDING...sorta), they just flow well together and she knows that he will always be there for her. I know that my friend Jayne as found her soul mate in her husband Jeremy, they mesh together perfect! I knew them before they even dated but for some reason I cant remember them not being together. My brother has definitely found his soul mate in my sister in law Maren, they are truely perfect for each other. They care for each other, share their love for life and are just happy to be together.

So like Carrie said "if you have someone and it didn’t work out, does that mean they weren’t your soul mates?". I am curious about this! I dated the same person for awhile but we were young, we were living the good life(we thought), we fought but we always laughed, we were friends before anything. Its been awhile since we broke up but he hasnt gone anywhere and honestly I havent either. Is he my soul mate? Was he my one shot of happiness? I dont know but as I try to figure everything out I dont think he was but I think I have become guarded by him. I loved him and I was hurt by him. I guess I have based everything on that and my parents are divorced and I am like "Wow, Why would I ever put myself through that?". Then I see my friends relationships AND I am confused again.

I dont know why I am even writing this but I guess I need to work out my issues because I do want to find happiness and I do want to have a family. So to give you my answer to my own question, I dont know if I believe in soul mates. I think you can find someone that makes you happy and that you want to share your life with but I think its hard and I thinks it a job. I think some people are lucky and they find someone and they work and then I think there are other people who are cautious and scared(that would be me)but still find someone.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You dont know if that person is your soul mate till you try....you dont find your soul mate till you try...love is worth taking a risk for....you make a great wife and mom...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...