Sunday, February 7, 2010

Proud to be an American!

MAN, OH MAN!!! How about those Saints! What a game, I watched the whole thing!! I was going to write a whole post about the game and my reasons behind my excitement but my friend Jayne couldn't have said it better! So head on over to her blog and read why us reality, TV watching Tennessee girls were loving the Super Bowl this year! I think the Saints deserved this win! They played great and you could see they wanted it-they came out dancing and they were fired up!!!! YAY... I am  keeping my Saints shirt(I was going to be cheap and return it tomorrow) and I already ordered the official NFL Super Bowl Saints T-shirt(I know its an issue but for some reason I started buying the Super Bowl shirt 4 years ago but this year I am excited about it)!


Oh my word I was openly crying over this...

I wasn't going to share this story but I was thinking about it and I thought if it can encourage people than I should share! Last year one of my resolutions(follow link, I promise it was on my list) was to randomly do something nice for a stranger and I am carrying that into this year. 45 minutes before the game I made a quick run to Kroger and let me tell you I would have thought SNOW was coming, that store was insanely crowded! I noticed in the bread aisle a guy standing there with a store basket in his camouflage uniform and he just looked exhausted. I saw him a few other times in the store and he just seem to be in his own world but I smiled and moved on. I was in the check out line( which was a nightmare)  and I noticed he was 2 people behind me so when I paid I got cash back and I told the sales girl to keep the money and use it to pay for the soldier's groceries and if there was change to let him to keep it, I told her not tell him it was me but to tell him "Thanks for everything he does". She looked at me like I was crazy but told me that  was an awesome thing to do- honestly I didnt know if she would pocket the money but at least I tried. I went on my way and was putting groceries in my car and he walked up to me(obviously she told him) and said he was in shock( I got nervous because I thought he was mad) and he thanked me and tried to give me money but I told him I would settle for a hand shake. He told me a little about what he does and that he was headed to base. He thanked me again and told me he really didnt think there were any nice people left in the world and I told him "Go Saints" and told him to "Pay it Forward"! I share this story because I could tell he was totally appreciative and so that maybe it will encourage you to help put more "Nice People" in the world!

Fast forward to half an hour later and I am sitting on my couch crying watching Carrie Underwood singing the National Anthem


Call me sentimental today but while she was singing it made me think about how proud I am to be an American. How lucky are we that we get to live in this amazing country!  I think sometimes I forget that! I hope you realize how lucky we really are to be here!!!




2 comments:

Johnny said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That was a really nice gesture for the soldier!!!!

You did good.

You should be very proud of yourself.

Jana said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Amazing, jsut amazing!! Love ya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...