Monday, March 22, 2010

BBQ Meatballs

I am all about the Pioneer Woman (dont believe me...click here, here, here or here) everything I have made from her cookbook or website I have loved! So with my goal of posting a recipie a week, here you go...

BBQ Meatballs 

Ingredients:
FOR MEATBALLS
1-½ pound Ground Beef
¾ cups Oats
1 cup Milk
3 Tablespoons Very Finely Minced Onion
1-½ teaspoon Salt
Plenty Of Ground Black Pepper, to taste

FOR COOKING MEATBALLS
1 cup All-Purpose Flour (coating For Frozen Meatballs)
Canola Oil

FOR SAUCE
1 cup Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Tablespoons Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
4 Tablespoons (to 6 Tablespoons) Onion
1 dash Tabasco

Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.
After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in unseasoned flour.
Brown meatballs in canola oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish.
Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or crusty French bread.


I wasnt forsure if I would like these since I had never really been a meatball (the word grosses me out kinda...) eater but  I made them and froze some ane let me tell you... YUM!!!


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...