Friday, March 26, 2010

Cleaning...


This week on Show Us Your Life on  Kellys Korner she is talking about Cleaning Secrets! I have to say I have a Love/Hate relationship with cleaning! I have to be in the mood to get started but when I am done I LOVE the feeling of a clean house! I have a really bad habit of letting things go and then on the weekends all I do is clean! So I decided to head over to flylady.net to get some cleaning schedule ideas! I have been following this schedule for about and month and  so far I really like it!

Here is a short rundown of the schedule I like to keep:

Monday: Usually I finish the ironing and I will also go through the stack of mail from the previous week and throw away and file...
Tuesday: My night of dusting! I usually dust during American Idol
Wednesday. Its mid week and I usually have piles starting on the dining room table(remember I showed this picture) so I will get that stuff put away. On most weeks I usually have to empty the dishwasher and I will go ahead and sweep the kitchen floors.
Thursday: I do a quick cleanup of all the rooms! I will do a quick clean out in the fridge and take the trash out. If I am super motivated I will clean the bathrooms!
Friday. NOTHING! Just sort the laundry

Saturdays and Sundays I am trying to have stuff done so I am only doing a major kitchen clean, sheet changing, mopping and laundry!

Now don't get me wrong it doesn't always work out this way but  I really am trying to stick to a schedule! I hate being in all day on Sunday cleaning house, YUCK!

These are a few of my favorite cleaning supplies! Let me say that I AM CHEAP so most of this stuff is bought on sale with coupons or at the Dollar Store! I will not be paying $5 for a can of Lysol!!!

This is mainly all I use! You can go their website and get some great coupons!!

I do use Scrubbing Bubbles in the Bathtub again go their website for some coupons!

Best Window Cleaner on the Block! Thanks Kim!
I love me some Lysol! I like the smell of the one in the Blue can I think its the Clean Laundry scent!
A big can will last me a year!!

14 comments:

Jennifer said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I need to start keeping a schedule..that way the apt looks somewhat nice all the time. I have a love/hate cleaning relationship too..sometimes once i start I cant stop.

Erin said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for the comment, you are super sweet. Girl, I am trying to get into Lipscomb's pharmacy school, so you call them up and tell them to accept me, okay?! ;o)
I love all of your cleaning products. Well, I love ALL cleaning products, they are just so fun! Lysol lovers unite!

thelumberjackswife said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are so organized! Not me! No schedule here!! :)

I love me some Scrubbing Bubbles!

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I truly hope the FlyLady can help me LOL if anything I need help with my attitude when I clean and she talks a lot about that..we will see :) I have never used the Green Works..Im weird if it smells like cleaning products then I have a better sense of " ahh my house is clean" LOL weird I know! Thank you for your comment, much appreciated!

Alison said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for the comment. We have the same guilty pleasures except I like a diet coke instead of the real thing. I'm loving the idea of a cleaning schedule to keep the weekends free.

Jenni said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'll have to try the scrubbing bubbles. I'm always looking for new things to clean my shower/tub!

Lisa said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like green works too.

Melissa's Thoughts said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog..and I think we are sisters. After reading your 5 post, I had to laugh. We must be related. Ha, love them.

Kristina said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like the schedule idea. I've thought about it but never followed through. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Beth McC. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YAY! Thanks for all the comments! If your cheap like me I can email you some good coupons for scrubbing bubbles!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I would love coupons for scrubbing bubbles! Thanks

lrietman02@yahoo.com

mFw said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for your comment - tide pens are great! Your blog is adorable!

Ashley Hamby said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am a scrubbing bubbles girl too! I LOVE that stuff...and NEVER go cheap and get the generic...It's NOT the same!

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for sharing your schedule. I also like to use inexpensive green cleaners. I am your newest follower! Check me out when you get a chance.
Bonnie
http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...