Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Baker!

I am all tucked in bed blogging a way because I can't sleep(imagine that)! I washed my down comforter today and I just pulled it of the dryer and its so nice and warm! Nashville FINALLY got some sun today and I am so glad! I am very the cold and great days, bring on Spring!

Today was little Baker's(my neighbors) birthday and he called me up and asked me if I wanted to come over and eat cake and ice cream! He so stinking cute! It was so fun because the whole family was there and it really reminded me of how my family used to be. All the grandparents were there, cousins, aunts and uncles were there to celebrate Bakers birthday. You know when you are young you never imagine that birthdays or any other holiday for that matter not being  spent with the whole family. If  I  knew then what I know now and if I knew then that my family would end up the way I would have taken a little bit more time to cherish those family get togethers! Today I had that sense of family and it was great! Thanks neighbors for having me over and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BAKER!!

After the party I came back home to get started on the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls. I have made these things numerous times before and not had any trouble but this time I have had to start over twice and  I still don't thing this last batch is going to turn out right. Working with yeast is insane, everything has to be just perfect to work right, its kind of annoying. Anyways during the whole process I started thinking about how this originates, did the Pioneer Woman just wake up one day and create this recipe? How does that work anyway, how do your create something as big as the cinnamon rolls just off the top of your head? Pioneer Woman if you read my blog(this is a joke by the way, why would she read me randomness blog) I would love to know how the creating a recipe process is! Thanks

THANK YOU to the people who did my Friday Fives! I am going to keep adding the McKlinky to it so if you want to join come on over on Fridays!

One last thing...my neighbors sister made Bakers birthday cake(it was Star Wars) and it was amazing!  I will try to get a picture of it so you can see it! It was amazing and it tasted yummy too!

Well I am off to bed!  I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. I will let you know how the cinnamon rolls taste!

3 comments:

Kaz and Amy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So glad you had a great day! Those cinnamon rolls sound delicious!

amy[www.theprikazskys.com]

Shoshanah said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think those cinnamon rolls always look so delicious! But I've never taken to time to actually make them. Someday... And just wanted to let you know I found your blog through Kelly's Korner

Amanda said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for your sweet comment about my blog! My poster says Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake! :)

It came from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jennysbakeshop

I want everything in her shop!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...