Friday, March 19, 2010

Managua, Nicaragua

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

This week on Kellys Korner "Show Us Your Life" she is talking about Mission Trips...

The summer after I graduated from High School I signed up to go with my church to Managua, Nicaragua on a mission trip. I was nervous,scared and excited all at the same time, I had NO IDEA what to expect! We got there at night and there were people everywhere at the little airport, we piled into these little vans and went to our hotel. Since it was night time I didn't get to see much so I was there and still didn't know what to really expect in the morning. I shared a little room with my friend Elizabeth and we had a little bathroom that we shared as well. The next morning we piled in the vans again and we were off to the house that we would be working on! I am not going to even try to share my feelings and emotions on what we saw, the culture, the town, the people, the life, the living situations, the landfills, the smells, the environment and the kids... The kids BROKE MY HEART, I wanted to bring them all home with me!

 I am going to tell you what I did see... I saw people that were living in filth, that were hungry, that were dirty, that were angry, that were sad, that were scared BUT they were so nice,grateful, smiling people. The kids were incredible and quickly became my heroes! They took what they had and they were happy , they made the best of what they had and they lived their life with a SMILE!

This picture was outside of a hardware store that we stopped at and there were kids everywhere so Josh jumped out and gave them so goodies!

We went there to work on a home for an amazing family! We also had a nurse and a dentist from our church  go with us and one day we set up a little dental clinic for the locals....


This is part of the group that went.... We all loved the kids!

I loved this little boy! He was always running around the house that we were working on! He always had big smile on his face!

Sorry about the pictures they were taken with a disposable....

This picture is outside of the church we were out and we were leaving to come home and they were so sad! I remember my heart breaking when we drove away!

More pictures of the kids.... Look at that sweet girl!






9 comments:

aimee said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

awesome post!! thanks for sharing, it seems like it's always the kids that stand out so much for people on mission trips. they are just so wonderful!

Summer said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How Awesome that you went on a mission trip to Managua, Nicaragua! I bet it just broke your heart to see people living in those type of conditions especially children! Thanks for sharing! You have a great heart! The kids in the pics are just precious! I have always wanted to go on a missionary trip, I would love to go to Haiti and help out but with my immune system non-existant from the chemo it isn't possible....I can pray and give donations and sponsor children though!

Have a Happy Friday Friend
Summer :0)

Britti said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey :)
thanks for stopping by!
Your blog is beautiful!
I went on a mission trip when I was 16. We went to Croatia for two weeks and was amazing. I think I never learned so much about god and people in two weeks as there.
Have a fun weekend!

Sarah Ann said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! I've not been to Nicaragua yet, but I would love to go there! Mission trips are so amazing!

Cute blog! I'm following!

Mrs. Confident said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, Beth! I don't even know you, but I feel kindred spirits since you experienced your mission trip in the same place I did. We loved the kids, too, and we actually met a six year old orphan named Sarah. Her parents had just died, and she followed me around for the entire week. If we could have adopted her...I told my husband...we'd have a six year old! You're right, they are such a grateful, smiling people. And what they live in.

Thanks for your post, Beth! So glad you came to my blog via Kelly!

Mrs. Confident

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

THanks for stopping by my blog! WHat an amazing mission trip you went o!! I would love to go overseas and work with children in poverty. Thank you for sharing!

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love your mission trip story! I bet it was absolutely amazing! I would love to do something overseas like that someday!

The Links said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Doesn't writing about your amazing experience make you want to go on another mission trip??

Phillips Phamily Mama said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm always amazed at the ability of high school students (or just out of) to go and mission to strangers in a foreign country. I love hearing all the stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...