Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chicken-Broccoli Casserole

OK Kids its that's time! I am biting the bullet and posting up a recipe! I have wanted to start posting a few of my favorites and a few of the ones that I found in magazines so here we go(I have no idea why I made that dramatic entrance to a recipe)! This recipe is from Trisha Yearwood's cookbook( I talked about it in this post)

Chicken-Broccoli Casserole (Trisha Yearwood)

Vegetable cooking spray, for dish
2 cups cooked rice
3 cups chopped cooked broccoli
6 cups shredded, cooked, skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lbs.)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
3 cups (10 oz) shredded cheddar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Evenly spread out rice in dish. Cover with broccoli.

In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, 1 1/2 cups cheese, the sour cream, mayonnaise, juice, salt and pepper. Pour over broccoli and top with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 40 minutes.


I made it tonight and it was good! It made a ton so I packed some up for lunches and sent the rest next door! I recommend it(obviously since I took the time to write this post about it)!
 




 
 

5 comments:

Kim Elkins said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It looks so good! I think you need to try every recipe in the book and send all your leftovers next door :)
Thank you!!

Beth McC. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOL! You know I will send leftovers your way! I hope Jackson gave you the cookies too, I told them he couldnt hide them from you! I told him he could hide them from Baker and Lilly and he said no I have to hide them from Dad! It was funny!!

Mc Allen said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yummmy!! We make that here. I had nearly burned my girls out on it, lol but yours is a bit doiff so I think they would love it!!! And, I live just outside Tulsa~ Trish and Garth are our Neighbors. Sweet as they can be!! Great post :) xoxo LA

Kara@Pickerill Prattle said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This sounds so good!

I love finding new recipes and trying them out!

I post a menu and recipes every Monday. Stop by next week!

passport in my pocket said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

this looks DELICIOUS!!!


p.s. I have a friend who graduated from Lipscomb as well... she loved it! I think an '05 or '06 grad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...