Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sugar, Flour and Mini Breakdowns...

Holy Cow(did I really just Holy Cow...Flashback 80s) I am just now sitting down for the day! I have become one with the Pioneer Womans Cinnamon Rolls! I have made these a couple of times but this time I had some troubles! It didn't start off good... 3 bags of flour that ended up in the trash, a WHOLE LOT of sugar that spilled on the floor, a mini breakdown, borrowing oil from Kim as well as borrowing her pot(because I messed mine up) I finally got it together. I threw away 3 batches of dough before I got it together. I got a good batch and it was a ready to sit overnight... so I thought. I got up in the middle of the night(I couldn't sleep I had a lot on my mind) and I checked the dough and guess what it wasn't rising!!! So here we go at 3am I started a new batch, Yup its official I dont like to be conquered by yeast and flour. Bright and early at this morning I get up and check the dough and both pots had risen and were perfect.... you read that right I have officially doubled the recipe! The recipe makes 7 pans of rolls so I have 14 pans of Cinnamon Rolls... You can laugh I did. I dumped 2 off on the neighbors, my mom has a pan, Ryan took a pan, I am taking 5 pans to work tomorrow and I froze the rest. It took all day but I have to say this is the best batch I have ever made!! It will be awhile before I make them again....

In the middle of  the cooking fiasco my friend Jayne, her sweet baby girl, Anniston and the their new BMW X5 stopped by! I LOVE THAT CAR so I was super excited to see it, its so cute I love it! Jayne is the cutest little Mama and she has the sweetest little baby! They came by to go through Lillys(Kims daughter) clothes  and let me tell you there were some cute little outfits in the stack- Lets face it Lilly is a styling little dresser! I was loving it because I got play with sweet Anniston( it was great because I didn't have to share her with Stephanine)! I should have taken pictures but I was literally head to toe cinnamon and I didn't want to put the baby down!

I made Kellys Korner Mexican Casserole tonight to have for lunch this week and it was super easy to make and its YUMMY!! Click here to see the recipe.



Let me tell you the REAL reason I made cinnamon rolls... to bribe my brother to put up my curtains and  it worked! Sorry for the bad picture its from my phone!


Ok well I am off to sit and watch mindless TV!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, I did!




3 comments:

aimee said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have been wanting to make the PW Cinnamon Rolls but I'm too intimidated by the recipe!!! I might give it a try though! They look sooooo good.

Laura Beth Oliver said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beth,
I'm your terribly rude across-the-street neighbor (painted green brick), who hasn't managed to introduce myself yet! I went looking for your blog after talking to Kim this evening and it totally cracked me up to find this post about the PW Cinnamon Rolls. I made them Christmas Eve to fill our traditional requirement for a cinnamon roll Christmas Tree for breakfast on Christmas morning. I was so scatterbrained that I didn't pay any attention to how many the recipe made, or to how MUCH BUTTER was required. At about 11pm Christmas Eve I was standing in the middle of a butter oil-slick in my kitchen with Cinnamon Roll dough and flour mess everywhere . . . making about 15 times the number of cinnamon rolls that our little family of 4 could possibly eat in one sitting. There was just nothing to do but laugh. That is a SERIOUS cinnamon roll recipe!

Maybe now that the weather is actually tolerable again I'll manage to break my rude-streak and introduce myself in person! I'm so glad that spring has begun!

Beth McC. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Aimee they reall arent that hard to make! I will give you a hint, print the recipie off her website- the on with the pictures! I think it is easier to follow!

Laura Beth- Hello Neighbor! I am with you I cant wait till Spring! I laughed when I read your story about the Cinnamon Rolls! It is a MAJOR recipe! Next time I make them I will send some over your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...