Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chocolate Sheet Cake....

I cant even tell you how good this cake is! This is a Pioneer Womans recipe for Chocolate Sheet Cake and it IS GOOOODDD!! My neighbor made it Monday night and it was YUMMY so  I decided to make it and take to work today- it really is good and everyone at worked seem to like it too! I just copied this from her blog but I wanted to share it....

                                                      Pioneer Woman Chocolate Sheet Cake
Combine in a mixing bowl:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a saucepan, melt:
2 sticks butter
Add 4 heaping tablespoons cocoa. Stir together.
Add 1 cup boiling water, allow mixture to boil for 30 seconds, then turn off heat. Pour over flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool.
In measuring cup, pour 1/2 cup buttermilk.

Add:
2 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture. Pour into sheet cake pan and bake at 350-degrees for 20 minutes.

While cake is baking, make icing:
Chop 1/2 cup pecans finely.(I didnt add pecans to mine)
Melt 1 3/4 sticks butter in a saucepan.
Add 4 heaping tablespoons cocoa, stir to combine, then turn off heat.

Add:
6 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 lb minus 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Stir together.
Add pecans, stir together, and pour over warm cake.
Cut into squares, eat, and totally wig out over the fact that you’ve just made the best chocolate sheet cake. Ever.


Again this cake is to die for! You can click here and go to her site to see the recipe with her pictures and complete play by play on how to make it! Its also in her cookbook as well, which is one of my favorite cookbooks ever!

7 comments:

Sarah Ann said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that looks SO good!!

Chelsea said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yum! I could totally grab this thru the screen and eat it right now.

geez, I'm really craving sweets today this did not help!!

PS I left you a lil present on my blog! =)

Mari said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OHHHHH....looks awesome...but I am NOT going there. Ha. (I would eat it all myself!!)

Mrs. D said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You're like the millionth person I've heard raving about this recipe... I think I know what I'll be making this weekend! Thanks for sharing it!

Cassie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oh wow this looks SO good!! cake is my weakness :))

Kelsey Claire @Lavender, Leopard, and Lace said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am getting hungry just looking at this! Yummy!

TeachingInHeels said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh yum!! I might have to make that for the boy's birthday on Monday! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...