Saturday, April 24, 2010

Do over....

Oh My I need a do over! Can I get a Saturday Do Over PLEASE????

Today was just totally not what was expected! Starting Friday morning the Nashville weather people were gearing up for the worst Spring Storms EVER and that was ALL any of them talked about!  This morning was the Music City Marathon( remember this) and there are probably 35,000 people in the downtown Nashville area watching the runners! I get a text from Steph basically saying her knee is killing her and she is in the medic tent! Well OK I panicked for a second then realized that I was one in 35,000 people! Got to the car, fought the traffic(only used foul language once) and meet them at her house! You can read her post about what happen, Oh Stars the stress of it... No need for me to relive it(I act like I am the one that was running  and got hurt...are you kidding I was standing and drinking coffee watching for tornadoes)!

 After all the marathon hoopla I am off to wait for the storms... the BIG BAD STORMS! Well I wait, stress, worry, wait, watch, wait and well to be honest I am still waiting. I have a VERY serious fear of storms and I don't know why but its an issue, I will admit it I have a weather radio and a storm bag filled with candles, flashlight.... Anyways when the weather people get all fired up I get all fired up! I get home from the marathon and there is nothing really on any of the local news station so I figure it isnt close yet so I mop the floors and do some laundry and then I heard the news alert beep so I check it out and there on the way. I pack up and head to moms so that I can put my  car in her garage during the BIG BAD STORM( yes I have a Garage but I am getting ready for Garage Sale palooza and have crap everywhere)! On the way to Moms I stop and grab us some Storm Saturday lunch at Sals Pizza- I have only eaten there twice so I wasn't familiar with the menu so I quickly order a small Supreme pizza, small cal-zone and 2 salads. My not so great English speaking fella that rang me up told me that total was $33- Holy Smoke did you misunderstand buddy?  He confirmed my total and I said "Man I was hoping for a Tornado Saturday discount" he looks at me and says "Was that supposed to be funny?" ALRIGHTY then Mr.Sals man has no personality- I was more than ready to get out of there and plus there is a storm coming, so I thought! Get to Moms eat and wait -Nothing! No rain, No lightening, No getting in our safe place nothing but a view glances of the sun! I start to get a little fired up I have wasted my whole Saturday waiting on these storms so that I can get them over with and move on! Long Story short- I come back home, the weather is fine, clean and do somethings, go back to Moms because this time the storm is coming right for us it will be here in an hour and that was at 3pm, that time came and went at around 6:45pm it sprinkled for 15 minutes and the sun came out! I'm now leaving Moms AGAIN and BAM the lights go out- what in the world it never stormed, they didnt come back out and then I hear "What are you going to do? Your car is in the garage and you cant get the door up  with the power out" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! What in this world!

After about and hour and half lights come back on and I'm gone-

Now I am in bed.....

Can I get a do over Saturday?????????????????????

5 comments:

Adrienne said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My fried was in Nashville to do the half marathon ...sorry about the weather

Domesticated-Bliss said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

sounds like how hurricane season is down in my neck of the woods :) you get used to it! most of the time it's hurry up and wait and then unless you're right in the path it's mostly rain and wasted energy watching them track the storm on TV :)

Mari said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Poor thing...funny, but not so much when you are in the drama of it all. :)

Kara@Pickerill Prattle said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Uhh, I hate how the Nashville weather people over dramatize everything! We got some heavy rain and wind here in Williamson Co. but nothing as bas as what the weather people were saying!

Erin said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh no! I definitely think you deserve a do-over!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...