Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Dump...

Well friends here we are again-another Sunday night getting ready to start another work week!

I made a last minute trip to my Grannys- I drove up Friday after work and drove back this afternoon! There is something so peaceful about putting the windows down, turning up the radio with your sunglasses on and just driving through the hills of Tennessee. I got up to Grannys and she wasn't feeling 100% so we made a quick trip to the doctor Saturday morning, she has a terrible Sinus Infection! So hopefully she will rest and get better soon! We got her barn cleaned out and organized- we made 2 trips to the dump. Let me tell you I can honestly say that I just don't fit in at the dump! First off I drove my Pap-Paws little red Mazda truck- stick shift, no power steering- to the dump I have to back up to the big ole' dumpster thing! Yup I squealed the tires in REVERSE- its finally our turn so I back up and Granny gets out to oversee the dumping and I just sit in the car(I will be no help I PROMISE THAT)! Well there is banging on my window I roll it down and the man working there throws in the this big tarp that all the trash was sitting on and he says "You dont want this to blow out" I say "What am I going to do with it, its dirty" he smiles and says "put it in the back seat"! ALRIGHTY then and now my shirt and hands are dirty! NICE.... I have no doubt he did that on purpose.
So on the SECOND trip up to the dump  I was prepared- I GOT out of the car this time to oversee~

Today I got up made us blueberry/strawberry pancakes and helped Granny set up for her card party that she is having at her house on Thursday(if she gets to feeling better)! I also made Granny some Sloppy Joes for her to have for dinner a couple times this week-so she wont have to cook. Then I hit the open road- during my drive I realized the Highway Patrol can hide in the sneakiest places, 18 wheelers are the bully of the interstates and  road trips are better with an Icee!!!

I got home did a few things and now I am sitting here watching the ACMs! I am total shock that herbs have already bloomed and they are actually growing, I am a bit proud of myself that I didnt kill them yet- When I got home my sweet neighbor brought over a little Happy Day present...

A few pictures of the organizing... I forget to take an after!!


My little Granny sat out there even though she didnt feel good!
I mean how cute is that!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that blue color of the frame- its my favorite paint color she uses! She seriously is one of the most talented people I know and so is her sister! Her sister takes AMAZING pictures- go check out her blog she does great photography "How To" Post I love that!! By the way that little basket is a recycled Easter Basket- I mean how cute is that???

Do you remembre this post? Well I manned up and went to Lennys tonight, Sheesh  I was nervous but there was no sign of him-Thank Goodness!

Well I am off to look at a few magazines! I am feeling weird tonight- have you ever felt unsettled in life? That's how I have been feeling lately. I have a bad habit of thinking "what if" or "is there where and what I should be doing in life?"! Basically I have a bad habit of not feeling settled or content- I am working on it!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Oh yeah I am making a Friday Five schedule and I am hoping to have it up on the side of my blog! I am gonna email the amazing Miss Tricia Nae and she if she can make me a cute Friday Five Button(lets be honest she is amazing so I know it will cute)!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Granny's are the besy

Domesticated-Bliss said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ok, I cannot believe that man dumped a tarp on you! What was he thinking??

Btw, I loved reading this post, I'm super close to my grandparents and it was so good to see you spending time with your grandma!

Lily said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You're so sweet to spend time with your grandma! My grandmother is bed-ridden so we can't do anything at all. But I'll always have wonderful memories of my grandmother.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...