Sunday, April 11, 2010

Flip Flops....

Hi Friends! I just had a moment with my couch and my TV! I have failed  to use either this weekend! I actually sat down and realized the remote was in the other chair and lets be honest I am not getting up to get it!

This weekend has been busy but very productive! It has been gorgeous weather in Nashville this weekend! There is going to be an underlying subject in this post and it is going to be Flip Flops! I love them but they stress me out(again I already know I am an odd bird)!

Saturday I was up an at em! I had one of those mornings where you jump up because you think you overslept!( I just got up an got the remote it was too quiet) So I figured since I got up so early on a Saturday I would get in a little workout with Jillian Michaels- Oh Jillian...I am not sure if me and her could be friends.
I had some errands to run but on my way to meet a friend I stopped at the Green Hills library(for all you out of staters this is the houtie toutie part of town- its where Keith Urban lives if that tells you anything). I had some books to return and there were a couple of books I wanted to check out. So here I go and yup I tripped over my flip flop-I dont fall but I had to catch myself on one of those computer cubicles(poor guy jumped but I am sure he was looking at something he wasnt supposed to be)! I am in my aisle and I look over and there is a man who had pushed 2 chairs together to make a little couch and he was all sprawled out like he was at home! He had on his flip flops and he was picking at his toenails- If I wasnt in the library I would have gagged out loud!! Sweetie you are in public!!!

Library was done and I am headed to the Apple store- I mean does it get any better. I WANT the iPad but I am very proud of not buying it. I love me a new electronic so it was hard not to buy but I just keep telling myself that I need to wait for version 2 so they can work out the kinks! We all know Apple is a firm believer of updating, I think we are on the 100th updated version of the iPod! Also for what I would pay for the iPad I could save up some more money and get the MacBook! I ran a few more errands- I went to SAMS to get some steaks and I stepped out of my flip flop and my barefoot hit the SAMS floor- GAG!!!! I am off to home to get busy! I planted two more herbs(mint and oregano), cleaned the kitchen, laundry, washed the car, cleared out some weeds and cleared out the area around the driveway and retaining wall, stole my neighbors lawnmower and mowed my yard, cleaned the base boards in my kitchen and bathroom, cleaned the bathroom. mop the floors and ironing! I did all this including the yard work in my flip flops! Man I was tired and dirty! I am about to hop in the shower(my very clean shower)with my super dirty feet! So I washed my feet off before I got in the shower, they were do gross! Dont believe me....

I cant believe I just posted that picture or took it for that matter! Is it just me or do you think its weird to wipe your feet off before getting in the shower?

Today I went grocery shopping(I had a TERRIFIC savings day- Im working on a couponing post), ran to Target, finished laundry, picked up around the house, cleaned in the garage, priced some things for the Garage sale,  folded all the laundry, changed the sheets, started putting away my winter clothes and then cooked dinner from brother! Again did all this with flip flops on so I had another day of gross feet!

So there is my weekend! I cant believe how fast they go back!

What did you do this weekend???

12 comments:

Kelsey Claire @Lavender, Leopard, and Lace said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh the joys of flip flops! They are just to easy and comfy to quit! I can't wait to read your coupon savings post!

The Mommalogues said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are cracking me up girl!!! Sounds like you were crazy busy!

Adrienne said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This post is cracking me up...I love your flip flop grossness ...lol I live in my flip flops and I just try not to think about it

Kimberly said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow you were busy this weekend! speaking of flip flops I am having a flip flop swap this week! come by and check it out.

Laura said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I did everything in my flip flops this weekend too. I love me some flops (as my neice calls them). I have that Jillian dvd too. Its a good workout. This past Friday I started P90x. Now that is a crazy, intense workout. Im on day 4 and Im am so sore!!!

Shannon Hairr Photography said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

At least you were productive in your gross feet! LOL

I have the 30 day shred workout and am on level one. Are you past that? Will it kill me?

Cheryl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm longing for flip flop weather, I even bought jeans on the weekend which are flip flip length!

I love/hate jillian michaels...she is evil, in a good way I guess.

Weekends are too short, I swear we jam packed 10 things in 2 days!

Ocean said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Too funny! :) I live in flip flops in the summer...
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am now a follower of your blog! :)

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am like the only person in the whole world who can't get past part one of The Shred, and find it difficult as S***. Everyone else skips right past me. It is so frustrating.

Erin said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a fun post! I bet I would have asked the toenail clipper in the library if he was giving pedicures because it certainly sounds like it. I am so glad you like saving money, too! We saved around $50 on Sunday, which is very exciting! Hope you're having a marvelous Monday!

Queen Jolene said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OMG...you are too cute! Love your blog!

Lana said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm from Tennessee, too! I live in SC now, but grew up in middle TN! That is gross about the guy who picking at his toenails in the library! Yuck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...