Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Fives....


Just Me and My Life

 
This week on the Friday Fives we are talking about your 5 favorite restaurants and if you feeling a bit Sassy you can put a few on there that you don't like but do explain...I'm nosey! Oh yeah I am working on a Friday Fives Schedule and I have contacted Tricia about getting something set up on my blog with a cute Friday Fives button so be on the look out! AND if you have some Friday Fives Ideas feel free to let me know! Ok now on to the Restaurant talk!

I love a good salad- not the lettuce out of the bag but the REAL deal, the real head of lettuce-YUM! So most of my list is based on salads...sort of.....


1. Anyone that knows me is just laughing at my number one! I have a serious issue with this place! I LOV E LOVE LOVE it! I honestly could go here on a daily basis- it is SO good! The homemade Guacamole is to DIE FOR! I LOVE it! Yum! Seriously I want to go there for dinner now- If you ever ask me where I want to go eat well kids this will be your answer!


2. Yum I love this place too! Its a place that is good to go to when your super hungry because they are not skimping on the portions! They have the best house salad-yum! I always get the pork chop!

3. The Picnic- this is a local favorite among the ladies of Nashville! Its one of those places that has the yummy chicken salad, pimento cheese, the little pastries and the to die for fruit tea! I have the recipe for their fruit tea and it just NEVER taste like theirs. If I can find that recipe I will post it! You can go here on any random day of the week at lunch and IT WILL be busy! If you ever come to Nashville you need to check this place out for lunch.


4. Another local favorite! The Puffy Muffin- they have all kinds of little yummies and again they have fruit tea  that is to die for! It seems like every time I go here(its VERY close to my office) I get soup(that gives me heart burn)! I need to branch out I think! They are also located right next door to one of my favorite little stores...
Again if you are in Nashville you have to check out these local Favorties!

5. Do you remember this craziness? Well then you know I love me some Lennys! I dont know why but I do.... even though the man that works there tooted in front of me! Oh well I have been back since and he
hasn't been there!

I have to throw in a a few negatives.... Pretty much will not ever eat at Taco Bell or Krystal EVER, the thought of it grosses me out- My neighbor gave me a little run down on the meat they use and well GAG!

I hate...
Its one of those place where everything taste the same and its just greasy!

Not a fan of ....

Do you smell that smell when your in there? What is that? And what is the slimy mess on the meat???


Ok feel free to link up and share your favorite restaurants!!!! Cant wait to read... I'm nosey!

27 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love J.Alexanders!! :)

Marianne said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ewwww I hate the smell of subway, too! I still eat it, but I'd prefer someone pick it up for me! lol.

o'charley's has the best rolls in the world. you're missing out. although I haven' been in over 5 years (high school hang out back in the day).

and, i hope i don't break your heart, but I feel compelled to tell you that Iceberg Lettuce has absolutely ZERO nutrional value. So while it isn't bad for you, it's not good for you either. Especially since most people eat it with dressing... so sad, I know.

JENNIFER ♥ said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I totally agree about the Subway smell. I worked there when I was 16 years old and every day when I left there I smelled like BO! Ick!

Krystal said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HAhaha when I'm at work and we always talk about how we should go to Subway -- we always decide it's best to NOT go since that smell stays with you the rest of the day!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hope to get to Nashville someday, so I'll have to try out your local faves!

Also not a big fan of Subway...used to be, but it got worse every time I went. My husband has a Quiznos, and I hadn't gone much before I started seeing him. But it is SO much better - no slimy meat there! :)

Domesticated-Bliss said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love Cantina Laredo and J. Alexanders! Delicioso!

Cassie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

now i really want to come to Nashville cause all these places sound delicious!! :))

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great topic today! Your picks sound yummy! Would've loved to try them when I was in Nashville last summer. We ended up eating at the same places we have at home! :)

Murdock's mama said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Too fun! I'm going to do this! :)

Abby
www.murdocksmama.com

Short Southern Momma said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good Morning! These restaurants sound wonderful! I will have to see if there are any close. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

Trish said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How fun! The Puffy Muffin is SO CUTE, what a darling name and YUM YUM YUM!! I will have to check them out next time I'm in town! Hope you're having a great week! :)

Sammy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love Cantina Laredo best guac ever! :)

The Picnic sounds delicious!

Cheryl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I wish I'd known about your picks last summer when I was there on a girl trip with my mom and daughter. We would have loved to eat at the little local places you mentioned. There's always next time I guess!

Sonja said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ahhh! We went to The Puffy Muffin when we went to Nashville last year! That place is amazing! I can't wait to go back!

My life plan is to move to Brentwood in 5-10 years!! I love that place :)

Kara@Pickerill Prattle said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE J Alexanders! I am dying to try Cantina Laredo---I am glad to hear it comes well recommended! I haven't heard of the picnic I will have to try it out---I love me some fruit tea! Meridee's in Franklin has awesome frut tea too!

Candice said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love Subway. Roasted chicken on wheat, with lettuce, pickles, onion and southwest sauce, with provolone and toasted...YUM!! I ahd that every day for lunch when I was pregnant. :)

Bridgette said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great post! The Puffy Muffin...what an adorable name! Enjoyed your blog, thanks for dropping by mine! :)

Shannon said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sadly we have no decent restaurants here in Mobile. We do have a Lenny's though and it's totally yummy! Kicks Subways arse. Happy Friday!

Lana said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this topic! One of my favorites is one that you don't like...Ole' Charley's! I hardly ever eat there since my hubby doesn't like it, but I love their rolls! I used to live close to Nashville. I haven't been to any of those local places, but they sound great!

Kate said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Never been to Nashville, but would love to get there some time! Great topic! I love restaurants!

VKT said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi there. I found your blog indirectly through Friday Follow. If you are interested in becoming a follower of my blog, I will happily follow yours.

Julia said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks for stopping by!! I love TGI Fridays. There is also an authentic mexican place in columbus OH (don't know the name) that is too die for!!!

Lila said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

my friend told me about your blog and here is a fives suggestion: best travel/vacation stories. it can either take you away to a relaxing beach or you could bust a gut laughing at what happened on the vacation. :)

Cop Mama said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My DH and I are going out to eat tonight. Now, after reading your list, I'm totally in the mood for Mexican food!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Way cute blog you have, I'm a new follower.

lydia. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

there's this great place in my hometown, Hayden's.
it's a barbeque place, but i never eat that stuff.
i pretty much only venture there for the atmosphere and their famous pink lemonades. (that's what they're so popular for!)
also, the fried pickles are pretty great, too.

xo!

D and A said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for stopping over at my blog! What a cool idea to do 5 Favorites. I only recognize J. Alexanders and the bottom 2 restaurants. They all look good though! Have a great weekend!

Chelsea said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I don't like Subway either!! And thank you!! I have always thought it smelled so strange in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...