Friday, April 30, 2010

Money Tips!

This week on Kellys Korner Show Us Your Life is Money Saving Tips! Let me tell you people I am CHEAP!! Now I haven't always been this way but in the last couple of years or so I am all about saving a buck! I will just make a quick list of I what I do to save a buck or two!

COUPONING! My neighbor introduced me to this and now it is just a straight game(click here to see her
 loot from a grocery trip)!I get a rush out of going to Publix with my list and coupons in hand! I really am going to write a couponing post soon, It will be long but I am obsessed with it and I think you will be too! I take cash every time I go to the store- I budgeted $60 a week for groceries and housewares. So when I do really good with couponing and I only end up spending a few dollars the rest of the money from $60 goes into "Fun Fund" aka  "The Purse Fund"!

My bestie does an envelope system and I have started doing that as well! It really does work too, if the envelope is empty that that is it! Click here she will tell you all about it!

My Pap-Paw would always tell my Granny and I that Target and Wal-Mart would love to see us coming because we would just throw our money away! Its simple if you don't go to the store than you wont be tempted to buy stuff you don't need! I know.. so easy right... than why is it so hard?


I am not scared to call up Comcast(my TV, Internet and Phone provider) to haggle with them! Its so funny to me that they always lower my price, if they would charge the bottom line from the beginning they would have more customers and less complaining! My theory is "It Never Hurts to Ask"- whats the worst that can happen?

I am a Craigslister and a Garage Saler! I am a seller and a buyer! When I moved I got some great things for cheap off Craigslist!!! LOVE IT! I sell on Craigslist too and I love it!

OK well this is all I can think of right now but  check back because I have a feeling that I will think of other things!!!

18 comments:

Jessica said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the ideas! Is it easy to sell things on Craigslist? I need to try it--I have some things I want to sell but wasn't sure how to go about it?

Laura said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Im a huge coupon user too. It is like a big game. I like to see how many things I can get and how cheap. I learned alot about couponing from moneysavingmom.com - she breaks everything down and makes it easy to understand. Im really into "CVSing" you can get alot of good deals for cheap with CVS since they print those ECBs (Extra Care Bucks). The only bad thing I have like 10 tubes of toothpaste. lol.

Shannon said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Now that we're down to only one income since I decided to stay at home with GG, I could always use a few money saving tips. I've heard about this envelope system but never actually tried it. Happy weekend!

Melissa's Thoughts said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for the tips. Please do a post on couponing. I want to really do coupon buying not the one here one there that I do now. :)

LaVonne said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We'd be great friends. I love to save too. Craigslist has been a wonderful place to find furniture for our house. Why buy new? You can always find things in excellent condition used. :)

Blessings! And thank you for stopping by my blog. Stop by again anytime.

Joy Taylor said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love garage sales. We just bought a couch at the thrift store.

Whitney Molder said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the ideas!! I was just telling my SIL the other day that Craigslist would be perfect to buy old furniture to fix up..:) I absolutely love your blog. So glad you found me.. so I could read yours!

Lisa said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the purse fund:)

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have got to start couponing! oh and I love to sell stuff on craigslist!

Longmeadow Mama said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I LOVE comments!
And I LOVE your blog. How fun! And you have some great tips. Never thought about the haggling thing. Watch out AT&T here I come!
Have a great weekend, Beth!

Kelli

A Marine's Wife! said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

$60 for groceries?! TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!!!!!

Katie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

like you..I LOVE COUPONS!!!

♥ Becky ♥ said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love using coupons. As a single mom I will do whatever it takes to save a buck. My kids laugh at me and sometimes my son hates being with me at the register when I turn in my coupons but it is so worth it in the end. I also stick to the list I created, if it's not on there then I don't need it!!!

Connie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I fell in love with couponing on our vacation to the USA in 2007. We drove across the country, and after a few days we discovered coupons for motels, I was shocked how much you could save on a silly coupon. I wish they would do more of that in Denmark.

Allyson said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Girl, I am so right there with you on calling your TV and utility suppliers. We called Direct TV and told them our bill was too high and we got 2 months free and they permanently reduced our bill by $30 a month. You are right it doesn't hurt to ask!

Jarvis Noelle said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great ideas! I just printed off some coupons tonight, and I can't wait to get my first huge savings...I think it will become a game!

Thanks for visiting...love the personality of your blog!

Erin said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm looking forward to your couponing post. Hopefully I can learn soemthing! I use coupons but almost all my groceries are fresh produce and meat and there's hardly ever any coupons for that stuff.

Domesticated-Bliss said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

teach me oh wise one! I need to learn how to save some money!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...