Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TV Tuesday Time...

I have put it off to long but I have to talk about some TV! We all know I get a little to wrapped up in my shows but lets face it...well there is nothing to face except I watch to much TV! I do want to say that most Reality Shows where there is a kick off I fast forward to the end, I never watch commercials and lately I have been deleting stuff off the DVR because I just don't want to watch it- I didn't watch the last Greys Anatomy(OH THE HORROR)!!! It just isn't as good as it has been in the past! So I am ready to do a run down and I am ready to get the comments and emails on Kate Gosselin-that's right I am going to talk about good ole' Kate! I am a pretty darn opinionated person and sometimes it might get me in trouble but I believe in what I believe in and that's that! (Consider this your warning)

 Let me start with the BEST SHOW on TV! The Deadliest Catch- I know its the same thing every week-
throwing out pods,getting crab,throwing out pods,getting crab,throwing out pods,getting crab,throwing out pods,getting crab(do you get the idea...)! But its some serious drama-the captains are fighting, they are mean to the green horn, there is boat drama, there are storms.... OOOOHHHH I cant wait! This is the ONE and ONLY show that I sit down and watch live! Let me tell you I have even gotten my Granny hooked on this show! So lets just stop and have a moment for Captain Phil- he was my favorite and the captain of the Corneleous Marie(did you take a moment?). He past away a couple of months ago and this will be the first show without him- I am prepared to cry!

 
This is his crew and the guy in the red hat and the one in the blue shirt are his sons! I don't know the bald guy in the red shirt I hope he isn't there to stir up trouble! I am way to into this show!!!
It comes on tonight for the first show of this season! Tune in and tell me what you think! I mean if things don't work out here in Nashville I really think I could move to Alaska and crab fish-just because I get a little sea sickness watching the show from my couch doesnt mean I will get sick on the boat RIGHT? They would throw me overboard in a heartbeat!!!LOL

Do you watch the Tori and Dean show?
I don't know if they are doing it for ratings but I can smell TROUBLE! I think he is repulsive- I don't like how they hooked up they both were married at the time, I think that motorcycle thing he does is ridiculous, I will say it seems like he is a good dad! I am on the fence about her too- she doesnt seem very independent but she is obsessed with the "family vibe"! She spends all her time TRYING to create that family feeling but if she would just relax she would see that she has it! I cant imagine what her childhood was like- her mom seems like a she-devil!!

I am loving American Idol this season! I am team Crystal and her dreads all the way!!! My next pick is Lee but I still like the Andy Garcia(tattoo neck)!  Actually this is really the first season that I have watched all the way through! I love this show because everyone watches! There is a guy at work that never in a million years would you think that he watches but we do a full recap of it on Wednesdays and then we discuss the kick off- I LOVE IT! I have almost convinced him that he NEEDS TO VOTE!!

I tape the Oprah everyday but 95% of the time I never watch them- I tape then because I like when she does the home makeovers or she might have someone one there that I want to see. When I heard that she scored the first interview with Rielle Hunter I was sick! I don't get it why would Oprah put this home wrecker on her show! LET ME JUST SAY NOW THAT I CANT STAND JOHN EDWARDS EITHER! Rielle knew he was married, knew he had kids and she still put herself out there for him-GAG! I don't know anything about this story but what has been on TV but to me it looks like she wanted him, he wanted her and that's that, when did we all start getting what we wanted? He forgot he was married and she knew he was and neither cared who they hurt! I know there are rumors out there saying that Elizabeth Edwards is mean and awful but does that make it OK for him to cheat?? I think not. I have read Elizabeth's book and seen her on Oprah(how ironic) and I think she does pretty good for having to deal with what she has AND it seems she is a good mom! SO if Oprah just rips on Rielle than I will add her back to the ole' DVR but if not see ya!

Ok here we go with the Kate talk....that's right I am taking it there(I feel brave today)! I like her, I cant help it . The lady has 8 kids- 8 KIDS!!! My thoughts are(I'm breaking it down bullet style)....

  • She has 8 kids and she has to provide for them somehow, right? 
  • Is she taking the easy way out by TRYING to be in show business, YES!  BUT what if she is thinking- I can be a nurse work all the shifts that I can get still not make half of what I need to make to provide for 8 kids or I cant travel a few days a week and she will not have to worry about being able to feed her kid and they will have money saved for college(Again this is what I like to think that she might be thinking). Her and Jon have both said that all 8 kids have college funds started.
  • "But she lives in that big house..." yeah she has 8 GROWING KIDS! Have you seen the show? Have you seen the way Mady acts? Would you want to be trapped in a 3 bed room house with 7 kids and Mady! Yup that's right  I am going to say MADY needs a spanking based on the way she acted in the show! I am the first to admit that maybe she wouldn't act that way if they wouldn't have done the show but lets look at the big picture She was 4(I think) and BAM we have 6 babies in the house I'm pretty certain that may have played apart in her behavior. Also with the house thing the kids have already been through the ringer so why would it benefit anyone to up and move them to a smaller place and then they would have to do the parent shuffle(Mom house here, Dads house on the weekend) by staying in the big house the kids have some sort of stability.
  • Is Kate annoying? Yeah to a point but I feel like the bottom line is that she has 8 kids to provide for and she is doing it. I feel like she is lucky because she has the opportunity to make some killer cash to take care of her kids as well as save for there future. Look at Octo Mom that nut has a million kids, no job, no money and she doesnt get half the media ridicule as Kate who is at least trying to provide for her kids!
  • Kate was awful to him on the show..." I agree with this one to a point but I have worked with kids and they can push you to your limit and I knew that I got to send them home at the end of the day. Jon has pretty much showed what kind of person he is by the way he has acted so I think 6 babies, 2 toddlers(one being Mady EEKK) and a self centered husband- he is lucky she didn't kill him!
  • Put yourself in her shoes... you have 8 kids. you divorce your deadbeat husband... do you turn your back on the offers of Hollywood that can provide for your kids and their future to take a local job-probably two jobs to make ends meat and can barely provide?
  • "They are always with babysitters..." You bet they are have you seen their dad and how he acts??? I mean what a bozo and I know he loves his kids but come on! I see it as he ran off to New York to play, not doing a whole lot to support or provide and Mom turned into the provider!
  • I just got a comment from Sarah and she said something about celebrities and she is so right! How many times do they leave their kids at home for monthes at a time to make a movie and you dont see the media bashing them- Just a thought- Thanks Sarah!
WOW I may have gotten carried away BUT I just wanted to get that out there! I hope to get lots of comments and emails about this because lots of people rip on Kate on the news, celebrity blogs... So I just want to know what people really think!

19 comments:

Sarah said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Okay, I watch Tori and Dean...I can't help myself - but I do agree, stop with the motorcycles - enough already.

And Kate, I TOTALLY agree with everything you said! I think she gets such bad rap because she is a mom. Of 8. If she had 2 kids would she get as much crap!??! How many celebrities have done that have kids? They don't get crap about it.....lay off Kate.

Anyway, Happy Tuesday and check out my blog...I left you some bliggity blog love! :)

Beth McC. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sarah I love ya-Not just because uou agreed with me! LOL

Thanks for the award YAY!!!

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I COMPLETELY agree with your thoughts on Kate! I wish people would just leave her alone. She's doing the best she can by herself, because you know Jon isn't contributing anything to those kiddos. I imagine anyone else in her situation would gladly take working 3 or 4 days a week and getting to stay at home with the kdis the rest of the time. By doing DWTS, she's bringing in a lot of monoey and still getting time with her kids. I think Jon is jealous of her success and attention and is hoping to take that away from her. He doesn't seem to realize that his selfishness is hurting the kids. And, yes, Mady desperately needs a spanking!

I'm an American Idol watcher too, and it seems like my favorites continue to get kicked off! Right now, I'm loving Casey & Lee, so hopefully one of them can stick around.

Cassie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i love deadliest catch!! im watching it right now actually :))

Beth McC. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ashley-Thanks for the comement!

Cassie- Im jealous you are getting to watch now! I am beyond excited about it!

Allyson said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the Deadliest Catch! It is an awesome show and I never get bored watching it. It is one of my favorites.

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Beth, you continue to crack me up all the time. :)

I have watched 1 episode of the deadliest catch and have heard over and over how fantastic it is so I will definitely be checking that out again.

Tori and Dean I do not watch because I think Tori is super annoying (I have never been a fan since 90210 back in the day) and Dean seems like a scuzz bucket.

I don't watch AI, only the auditions and I never think of recording Oprah but I might just start.

I love Grey's Anatomy (shame on you for missing the last episode...haha) and rarely if ever miss an episode. Grey's is just full of hotness so I can't pass it up.

Okay, on to Kate...I completely agree with everything you said although I'm not a huge fan of her at all but she is 100% classier than that useless excuse for a man, terrible father and douchebag Jon.

Love your posts, keep it up!

Thanks for the comment earlier. :)

Sarah @ 365 Glimpses of John Parker said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! Of all the shows you listed I watch--and that's spotty--deadliest catch and of course, Kate! Opposite ends of the spectrum! I feel the same way about Kate. She has 8 kids! She's a single mom. I think it's going to be a little bit different than your average family. Maybe just a little! :)

EL said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

haha I like Kate still too, I hate seeing her get picked on. My boyfriend is sooo excited for tonights premier of Deadliest Catch he absolutely loves that show. Have a great Tuesday night =)

Marianne said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i'll refrain from going on my rampage about Kate Gosselin and just respectfully, 930518123509812350% disagree with you.

Although I will say this, she gets 21k/mo in child support. And money from her 3 books. And from her book tours and speaking engagements. And made an asinine amount from J&K + 8. And the state of PA set up college funds for the sextuplets, so they are all set to go to any state college and it be totally paid for.


but i'll respect your opinion and say no more ;)

Kelsey Claire @Lavender, Leopard, and Lace said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My hubby is so excited about Deadliest Catch. When he looked at our DVR last night and saw that it was on tomorrow he could not contain his excitement. I know that is what is going to be on as soon as he gets home from frisbee!

Ocean said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love this post!! :)
I am a fan of Tori and Dean. I actually love their show. I do smell trouble with them though, but they may just be doing it for publicity!?!

I am a HUGE Kate fan! I love her!!! I have been a fan since the very first episode of Jon and Kate plus 8. Yes, I think she can be a witch sometimes, but can't we all. She has 8 kids! I can't imagine how hectic her life is.

I am also a Greys fan! I never miss an episode even though I do agree with you that it isn't as good this season.

I watch American Idol also..I thinkI watch wayyyy too much tv. lol
I don't think it is as good this year either but Crystal is a great singer!

Happy Tuesday!:)

Annie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I also get too wrapped up in TV lol I can't help it! I just love tv especially reality tv haha I will have to check out Tori Spellings show.. I have always been curious and now after reading your post I'm even more curious

Bethany said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi, beth! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)
I sorta agree with you but mostly agree with Marianne in regards to Kate! But I do feel badly for her in DWTS because she is so awful and shouldn't really be compared to the others because she has no athletic/dance background. Not fair playing ground to me.

Now Tori & Dean - I'm with you all the way! I'm not necessarily a fan of theirs and I totally think its sketchy how they got together when they were both married (hellooo?!). But something about them makes me wanna watch more and more! ha! I just hope they're able to work through stuff and stop being so silly!

Thanks for checking in!

Lily said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I loved watching the Deadliest Catch! But have since to watch new episodes.

As for Kate, well, let's just agree to disagree. I've watched the show from the beginning and honestly, I can see why Jon cheated on Kate (not saying it was ok, just that I can see the reason). Before, they weren't so bad but once the fame got to both their heads, it just spiraled out of control. Not only was Kate obnoxious to Jon, but she didn't want to share the fame with her best friend or sister-in-law. Both, I might add, helped out a lot!

Laura said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love deadlist catch too. Even though they do the same stuff on every show the suspense of it all is exciting to see.

Im with you 100% on Kate. I really like her. Ive watch her since day 1 and I think that it is good that she is so head strong and such. I mean it takes a really organized, confident person to run a household of 8 kids. I think what she is doing is great. I think that getting rid of Jon was the right thing for her not only did he cheat on her but he acted like he didn't give a crap about stuff on the show. Like he was lazy or something. She was always having to ask him to help out. I watched Dancing with the Stars every Monday and Tuesday nights and I been casting my vote for Kate every week!

Thanks for the TV updates!!

Ambs said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am the same way with Deadliest Catch! I love that crabby show!

Andie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ok. Deadliest Catch. Best show ever. Bonus is that it's narrated by Mike Rowe, my TV husband. You really are missing out on Dirty Jobs. It's worth the occasional stomach turning for Mike's one liners, and the good rapport between the crew.

Also, Kate. You said most of what I think. I think she's totally OCD. Did you see the cleaning the fridge episode.

Good stuff!

Oh, and do you think T&D try to "act it out" half the time? I hate the conversations in bed where they wrap up everything all nice and tidy at the end/beginning of every episod. He creeps me out.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I agree with you about Kate. I'm a working mom and only get to see my son a half hour in the morning and maybe two hours at night durning the week. You do what you have to do to provide for them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...