Sunday, May 2, 2010

More Flooding....

I am back AGAIN with more pictures! I was basically sitting here biting my nails watching the news and reminding myself that this is right outside my door! I cant believe this happen in Nashville. Its shocking!!! We suited up- we meaning myself, Kim and Todd, 3 kiddos, Laura Beth and her 2 kiddos- and went for a walk, yup in the rain. I couldn't believe how fast the water was moving and how much water there really was! We saw a little lady standing a porch and she pointed to a house across the street and told us that was her house. We looked over and the water was at her front door- So sad I just wanted to run up and give her a hug.
My garage completly flooded but I just cant complain about it because my problems aren't half has bad as some of the others.

I have more pictures-sorry I am trying to keep busy!

This was a car lot....

This is the park that runs up to Percy Priest that is very CLOSE to my house!
That is a delivery truck hanging off a bridge!
Oh goodness....
This is in the heart of downtown Nashville- this is where the farmers market is
This picture does no justice because you probably have never seen this in person. This is the dam that is very close to my house but I HAVE NEVER EVER seen it so full- it actually makes my stomach hurt to see it that full!
This is a good gauge of how much water there is!
This is very close to my Moms house. There are roads there and you would never know WOW!
The Water is so high! That is a bridge with water all the up to it!


Again no roads, just water
These people were saved but look at the water on that Stop sign

So this picture hits very close to home! One because its about 10 minutes from my house 2. The lady that lives in this house goes to my church. She has lost everything.... Pray for her-

This is the football stadium where my sweet Jackson goes to school! You can gauge the water to the field goal!


They just announced on the News that the Cumberland River is still rising and hit 50 feet above flood level meaning it will start to flood into downtown Nashville. They are evacuating Opryland Hotel, Opry Mills mall is flooded and will be closed tomorrow. It is what is and I am very grateful that all my friends and family are safe and only had flooding in the basements and roof leaks!

14 comments:

Erin said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my gosh, I'm praying for you all.

Stephanie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm glad you're ok! I hate that you live so far away now!

Kim Elkins said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't believe DCA is so bad! The photo you show is even worse than what I saw.

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness! This is so horrible! Praying for everyone there! Hope you continue to stay safe!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So how deep is it in opry mills mall

Joy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

it is beyond belief, never thought something like this could happen here. I just posted about this same thing a little while ago then stumbled on ur blog from Littlebits Designs I am gonna link up your post on my blog because the pictures are just amazing.

Beth McC. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks everyone for all the comments! I am not sure how deep it is at Opry Mills right now! Steph I agree!!

sarah said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

As the only person I "know" in Tennessee I have to admit i've been worried about you! Ive been keeping you guys in my prayers!

Ben and Emily said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I went to DCA 1-12 and cannot even fathom all the flooding. I knew it could happen, just never imagined it would.

This flood truly boggles my mind and the pictures break my heart.

Glad you're safe.

Katie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is so awful. I know all of those areas. My best friend lives right near Percy Priest. My prayers from West Tennessee go out to all of the Middle Tennesseeans!

Kendra said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is soo sad. No one deserves to go through this! I'm so glad your okay!

Melissa's Thoughts said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm completely dumb founded by all of this. Please be safe today.

Carolyn said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad you're safe. We live in Hendersonville, and our area was hit pretty hard too. After being hit by the tornado that came through here 4 years ago, we're extremely thankful God was looking out for us ... again.

Wendy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OMG. I feel so ignorant even saying this; I was out of commission most of the weekend and had no idea Nashville was flooded. Thinking about everyone down there. Be safe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...