Monday, May 3, 2010

My City...

Oh goodness my poor, poor, POOR city.  There are no words, none!

I was defeated in the clean up of my house. I didnt know what to do or where to start so I just came back upstairs and watched more of the flood coverage on the news. As I watched it just kept getting worse and I started feeling worse, I wanted to help! Again I didnt know where to go to help, didnt know where to start to even go look for somewhere to volunteer help! And then at that exact moment I hear "Heartland/Lakeshore nursing home is being evacuated and the patients will be taken to Donelson Church of  Christ(my church)" That was it I knew that I was meant to hear that and I was off to help. I am not even going to try and explain the situation but imagine a full nursing home being loaded up into ambulances and taken to a strange place. It was crazy insane but I just walked in and got busy! I made Jello, shredded chicken, prepared plates of food for them. I feel like everyone there was in survival mode and I thought to myself I cant believe this happening in my city. Some of the patients were asking to go home, some where laying on matresses that were on the floor, some just sat there and looked around. I just couldnt believe what I was seeing it- was honestly like being in war zone. So So Sos sad.... My garage smells like mildew and has water in it but I got off easy during this disaster.

I tried to take iPhone pictures of today  but they didnt turn out good that I took(my neighbor acroos the street was taking pictures and I will try to get copies).

Here are a couple more pictures...

Janie( a friend of mine) took this of downtown Nashville.  Again the pictures do not do it justice-

I got these from Danielle's( a friend of mine and my Moms neighbor). This is where sweet Jackson goes went to school. The rumor is they are done for the year I mean there is no way that they can clean this up. I dont know what they will do.

Inside the school...

Compare the water to the tree line and you can tell how high it is.

See that little building down there in the water? Thats one of our water plants in town. I took these pictures this morning-


This is 5 minutes from my house



Thats it for the day! Pray for Nashville, Pray for health, Pray for peace, Pray for the elderly people that are now sleeping on a mattress on the floor in my churches gym-

12 comments:

Ocean said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those pictures are horrible. That is so sad! I will be praying for the whole city!

Morgan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am praying for all of Nashville and the affected ones. I just posted on my blog about this earlier. I love Nashville and can't believe this is happening! You are in my prayers!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! Lots of prayers headed your way!

Mrs. D said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness, how devastating. It's great that you could find a way to help the elderly. Sending many many prayers your way.

Joy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Praying HARD for Nashville. I live about 2 hours away. I cannot belive all the damage that was done there and nothing here at all!

Domesticated-Bliss said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That was probably the best thing for you to do, those senior citizens probably appreciated your help more than you know.

Melissa's Thoughts said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey I work with a nurse whose daughter goes to DCA. They are going to finish off the year at Two Rivers. That is what she told me this morning.

mjellis said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Beth, I am so sorry! Praying for everyone! I think it is so sweet and beautiful that you helped the nursing home people :)

Ann said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So sorry!! praying for your family, friends and anyone affected!!

Go East Memphis Mama said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You must be in Hermitage...I am in Mount Juliet! We were ok though thank goodness our home is on a high hill.

Beth said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I linked your blog to my Facebook--getting the word out for Nashville! God Bless!

Mindy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The Nashville and surrounding areas are in my prayers. We have a good family friend who has a farm outside of Nashville and he said some of his animals escaped. My thoughts are with you. Stay safe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...