Saturday, May 1, 2010

To Say its Raining is an Understatement!

Do you remember this Saturday post? Well I want that Saturday back because today has been just plain WET and a little scary!!

You can see from this that it wasn't good! I will tell you that when you look at a radar the more colorful it is the worse it is and Nashville was just one big ball of color!

This was the radar an hour later- OK the storm is festering over Nashville DUMPING tons of rain on us! Well you know what that means...FLOODING!

Well that's not good-maybe it wont get worse....

Well it doesn't look good...this is the parking lot at the YMCA
Well lets just do a little shopping...NOT A Good Idea... That's Cool Springs Mall! EEKK

Oh my goodness did it ever get worse- this is on I24 about 10 min from downtown Nashville


This interstate flooded within minutes! Look at those care completely under water and people are just watching....



Well wait a minute...It can get worse... What is that you ask? Its a portable classroom from a local school that is floating down the interstate and it hit the drowning cars and it just collapses right there on the interstate and on live TV. I was texting with Kyle(my brothers friend) and I was freaking out because we were just watching it happen!! SCARY
And Yes it does get worse- the water goes over the interstate median into the on coming traffic lanes. SO SCARY! I was watching all of this live on the news and it literally flooded within minutes!

Just to note this is probably 10 minutes from my house!

I am not complaining because these people above are lucky to be alive but my garage is flooded :(

We are supposed to have more storms tonight and tomorrow so it looks like Nashville needs to pull together and build a big ole' ark!!!


15 comments:

Kathryn said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It has been so scary today! We were all upstairs and my husband comes into the office and calmly says, we need to head downstairs...I knew that meant tornado warnings. We spent about 2 hours watching the weather and I was clearing out the under the stairs closet in case we and the dogs had to take cover.

I can't believe all of the water. Stay safe!

Melissa's Thoughts said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was watching News2 also. When that portable came out I got so upset. I thought it was a house at first. Hope your garage is fine and it doesn't go in your house. Praying for your safety. And it's storming in M'boro now.

Betty said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yikes!!! I cannot imagine having that happen all around me!!! You brave girl :)
I came over to say "Hey, thanks for visiting my blog" and "Oh my goodness, I LOVE Anchorman" but now my jaw is dropping at the pictures and I am prayin' for ya!!

Cary said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yikes! Beth, my Mom is in Franklin. I am headed there tomorrow (from Ala.). Her condo was about 1 ft. under. She is 1/2 way between Franklin & Nashville on Hillsboro Rd. Scary for sure!! Hope y'all stay safe and dry!

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness! This looks so scary! Stay safe!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow - that is crazy! Be safe!

Kelsey Claire @Lavender, Leopard, and Lace said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is INSANE!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for the update and the pictures. Keep us informed..

Jennifer V. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my gosh, how horrifying! Makes me feel really bad for complaining that the power went out for like 30 minutes last night! What an ass.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you!
~Jennifer

Christa said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OMG crazy! I will be praying that you stay safe!

Miss Madison's Mommy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Holy Moly!

Lisa said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow!! That is crazy!!

Erin said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That would be quite a pretty map if it didn't mean for such ugliness in town! Stay dry and turn off the news, you're scared enough!

LG said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for posting those pics! We were out of town and wondering what Nashville was looking like.
Craziness!

PS cute yorkie pup!

Tiffany said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I know the feeling. We have had the same flooding going on here! It's just crazy! I live about 2 hours from you, so I know what you're going through!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...