Monday, May 10, 2010

Trying to Catch a Break with Sarcasm....

Oh Friends its only Monday! I need to go to bed early and its off to early gym trips for the rest of the week. I am going to start P90X this week-Im nervous(I know I should be)! Its chilly in Nashville I am not prepared to go back to winter, I could seriously turn the heat on. Last night my insomnia was in rare form so I thought it would be a good idea to put in the Blind Side-why do I always cry? Its 3am and I am just crying away! LOL... I just reread that first part and its all over the charts but I am not going to fix it...

Last week was just insane! I couldnt catch a break....

My hometown floods....

My Yummy Silver Fox Anderson Cooper came to Nashville and he forgot to call me and to make it worse he hung out with my best buddies, Tim and Faith- I mean honestly guys I thought we were all buddies!


And to top off my week Lady Gaga wore the outfit I was going to wear work the next day! I mean seriously...what were the chances of that.....


Please tell me that you have seen Kirstie Alley's TV show on A&E- its a train wreck! Its one of those shows that you sit there and wonder why you are watching it but you can't turn away. What a crazy mess....

Yes I have quit watching Dancing with the Stars. Lets be honest I was only watching to see Kate make a fool of herserlf dance. I also think that it isnt fair because that Nicole girl is a performer and dancer and its not fair to the others( I just went off on a weird rant)!

  Yes I am still watching American Idol I am a Team Lee all the way, he sounds like Dave Matthews and I like it!


Ok here is the real reason for this post! A few of my 5's of readers asked for recipes so here we go...



Carmel Toffee Apple Dip
1 8oz block of cream cheese
1/4 cup brown sugar
carmel sauce for drizzling
a sprinkle of Heath toffee bits
Sliced apples for dipping.
Mix cream cheese with brown sugar. Spread on a plate, and top with a drizzle of carmel sauce and a sprinkle of toffee bits. Sliced apples for dipping. Dip the apple slices in pineapple juice after slicing to keep them from going brown.


Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
                                             1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (1-1/2 inch)
1 each: red and green pepper, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy)
3 Tb. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed

Heat grill to medium-high heat. Thread chicken alternately with pineapple and peppers onto skewers to make 4 kabobs. (I used 1.5lbs of chicken and extra pineapple, which made 7 big kabobs). Mix barbecue sauce and juice concentrate, brush some of the sauce mixture onto kabobs. Grill 8-10 minutes or until chicken is done, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce mixture.

Puffy Muffin Ginger Tea-this stuff is so good! 
3 heaping Tblsp. instant tea (plain, no sugar, no lemon
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
6 c. warm water
2 c. orange juice
6 ounce can frozen limeade
2 liters ginger ale (or enough to make one gallon)

Combine the instant tea, sugar, and water. Stir well to ensure the water is dissolved. Add the orange juice and limeade. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, add enough ginger ale to make one gallon of liquid. Enjoy!!!

15 comments:

Lacey said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HAHA! You crack me up! I'm glad to see your spirits are back up.

Fashion Meets Food said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That flooding is way too insane and sad! My heart goes out to everyone who has to deal with this! Lady Gaga is such a good entertainer! That Toffee apple dip holy YUM! I definitely need to make that! Kabobs look insanely good as well!

xo

Christina said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love Tim and Faith. :) We watched The Blind Side last night! Great movie!

Marianne said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HAHA- I literally laughed outloud at the Lady Gaga comment! Have I mentioned I can't stand her/him/it? I'd make a joke about why she always has crap covering her face, but I'll keep it nice on your sweet southern belle blog ;)

Kirstie's show, fortunately, I was able to turn off after 2 minutes. WTF?! Seriously, my mind can not process that many levels of effed-up-ness.

LOVE Lee! Him or Crystal would be a-ok with me! But I want to marry a man like Lee.

Why is my security word, "fleas"?????

Kelsey Claire @Lavender, Leopard, and Lace said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I read about AC and the McGraw family and I thought about you! It made people.com!

Lila said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

this is a hilarous post and i got bonus recipes to make. thanks!

The Lawton's said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that kabaob recipe sounds great! I might be trying that this weekend! :)

Melissa's Thoughts said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You just crack me up. I was so tired last night I went to bed at 8:00 and was up at 4:00 this morning and then fell back to sleep and couldn't get up at 6:00. One thing on the Lady GaGa outfit...it's too cold outside. Ha. You should have known that. LOL

Laura said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't wait to try out some of those recipes. Im having a "tea party" baby shower for my sister next month so I may have to make that tea recipe!

Thats cool your coming onto the P90x band wagon! Now I will have someone to talk to about the workouts! Today I did the legs and back dvd, those chin ups are killer. Im still doing them with the exercise bands, I can't do them on my own yet. I hope you like it!!!!

Shannon Hairr Photography said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You SO would have rocked that outfit!

I am team Lee all the way - can't stand Crystal Bowersox!!

Anamarie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good luck with the P90x! My husband is doing it and we even know someone in the commercial!! Good luck and those recipes looks tasty. :)

Michele said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OMG, I cracked up at the Gaga comment...she's such a trip! I'm with ya on Lee...he's awesome! Ya know, I said the same thing about Nicole on Dancing...she's good, but that's not fair!

Thanks for the recipes...I'm making chicken this weekend...

Good luck with the P90x...yikes, too much work for me!

Hugz,
Michele

Brianna! said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YUM! the chicken Kabobs sound scrumptious.

xoxo
bB

Honey, Does This Blog Make Me Look Fat? said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I added myself as a follower...did I mention I love your blog???? :)

BeckO said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Came to check out your blog after seeing your comment on mine. You crack me up! :) Love the blog, added to my google reader! Happy Saturday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...