Saturday, May 8, 2010

Use a Blanket!

Today was the day! The day to push my sleeves up and clean the basement! I had all intentions to take pictures but lets be honest the smell of mildew and dirty water just pushed me to get it done! I pushed in my trashcans and recycling bins and got busy! I will say it was gross but you know what I still have a bed and a roof over my head. I got all the wet out, the ruined stuff out, got the bins wiped down and cleaned and got my Garage Sale mess to at least one side of the basement! I have 3 weeks to get it together and priced-oh the joys of Garage Saleing.

So tonight we went to dinner at Famous Daves and it was PACKED! Granny and I were sitting on this bench and Mom was standing in front of us and this lady was sitting next to Granny and she was holding a baby. Up went her shirt(she was holding it up with her chin) and here goes the breast feeding. Now let me just say that I usually dont have a problem with this but tonight I felt so uncomfortable. There were people everywhere and I felt like everyone was trying not to stare. Every person that came through the door looked straight at her. All the men standing around had a red face! It was  just totally awkward- Again it usually doesnt bother me but at least use a blanket!!

I am cooking tomorrow for Mothers Day! I am a bit nervous about it because I have never made any of the items that I am serving! Hopefully it will turn out, if it does I will post all the recipes! I know the dessert will be good(raspberry ice cream cake) I tasted it tonight and I already made some lemon cookies that were pretty good too. We will see(cross your fingers)....

I am hoping to go volunteer tomorrow at Pennington Bend Elementary school. Most of the schools will be returning to school Monday and they need a lot of work and clean up. If I do go I will take my camera for sure. I saw the school tonight on the news and I just really cant believe that there will be kids in there. I did receive a couple of emails about sweet Jackson's school, DCA. They had a big clean up today(Kim and Todd went but I haven't talked her yet about it) and I saw it one the news and it looked like they had a big turn out. They did resume school but they are meeting at a local Church- its sad but at least they are moving on and cleaning up the mess!

Ok I am off to bed its been a long day and tomorrow is going to be busy! Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms!!

6 comments:

Neely said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hope you had a great weekend!

Michelle said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that is SO AWKWARD!
I'm about to pop out a baby (sometime in the next week or two!) but I will NEVER whip out my boob in public! Why do people think they can do that?! I don't want to see your breasts, I don't care if it's natural to feed your baby from your breast - nudity is nudity! They even make special apron-type things to wear for that very situation. Have some courtesy!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Have you ever seen a baby trying to breastfeed pulling on a blanket? Believe me, there is way less skin flashed w/o a blanket in many cases. And a lot more skin being flashed by the average teen who isn't feeding anyone, for the record.

And Michelle, don't assume you have any idea the things you will do for your baby. I do and say things I never imagined, in a good way.

Talina said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yeah, it is awkward but what is more important? The feelings of other's around you or the needs of your child?

I usually cover up but there have been times when I've forgotten the cover or when my daughter fights the cover and you know what? When it really comes down to it my daughter trumps random people any day. Wouldn't you agree?

Shelsy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Here's an excellent post about the reasons moms should feel comfortable nursing in public. It's very well written and thought provoking. http://www.phdinparenting.com/2010/05/14/50-reasons-for-breastfeeding-anytime-anywhere/

glenda09 said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Shelsy I love that post!! Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...