Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Beach Please...

                                  Seriously is it Sunday night? Am I broken record or what!!
I have had a super low key weekend- I just love when I get the cramps on the weekend(did I just say that?)!
I can say my house is clean, my craft room is clean and organize and my laundry is done! I have also stayed in the air conditioning all weekend- yes I am high maintenance! Its been HOT here and its ridiculous- I cant even imagine how hot it will be in August-UGH- I may just melt!

Have you seen the EAT letters in the kitchen on the show Cougar Town?


I love them and I had to have them! After some googling I found them...
Anthropology, of course....SO you know that they were a bit pricey so the next best thing- a trip to Hobby Lobby, Exacto Knife and VOILA....
I hung them in my kitchen and  I think they are pretty cute and it cost me $5!

I have a recipe for you!! Its a WW one but let me tell you its down right yummy!

Chicken Teriyaki with Broccoli

1 spray(s) cooking spray
2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 medium scallion(s), chopped (green and white parts)
1/2 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth
2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 cup(s) cooked brown rice, regular or instant, kept hot
4 cup(s) broccoli, fresh, florets, steamed

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add garlic; cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add chicken; cook until golden brown on all sides, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
Add scallions; cook until soft, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add broth and teriyaki sauce; simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce reduces slightly, about 5 minutes.
Spoon 1/2 cup of cooked rice into each of 4 shallow bowls; spoon about 1 cup of chicken mixture and 1/2 cup of broccoli over each serving.

Do you ever get to a point where you are just dying to go on a trip? I am dying to but its so darn expensive! I cant even tell you the last time I went to the beach! I just want to go to the beach with a stack of magazines, a beach chair and sit and relax! AHHH.... perfection!
My brother and SIL(and my sweet niece or nephew in her belly) live about 5 minutes from the beach so I am really hoping for me and the bestie to get down there this summer! Cross your fingers....


I have had some people email me about the DVDs that I have for sale(here's the post I wrote about it) and I think what I am going to do is make a list of the DVDs that I have for sale and put it up on the side of my blog. For the DVDs I don't really know what else to do so I will try it this way and we will see if anyone buys them. It wont hurt to try it this way! I found some online Garage Sale sights but I really don't want to have to pay all the fee's!






10 comments:

Tickled Pink said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My sister has been talking about those EAT letters from anthro/cougar town forev... thanks for showing them-- I had no clue!!

Yours turned out soo cute!

alicia said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hate cramps on the weekend too. Seems so cruel. Thanks for the recipe! And love the letters btw. You are so observant. Never noticed and I love that show.

Brandi said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the letters!

My friend did an online yard sale and took pictures and posted them on facebook and made over $800... I am sure you could blog it too and just charge shipping...

♥ Elizabeth said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

First: I love the picture of the adorondak chairs- it is my desktop!

Second: that recipe does look delicious! How many points is it?

Steph S. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cramps on the weekend - yep, story of my life this weekend. It's always when I have a visit with the in-laws, too!

LOVE your letters! Those are super cute, and you did a super fantastic job! :)

Laura said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I made me some of those EAT letters too a few months ago. I love Cougartown and kept seeing those letters in the kitchen scenes and I had to make them! Yours turned out cute!

Im gonna have to try that recipe you posted it sounds so good!

Have a good week!

Domesticated-Bliss said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am totally not that observant but I'm glad you pointed those out! A copycat project may be in order :)

Make sure to stop by my place today! I'm hosting a giveaway!

Carolyn @ life, love and puppy prints said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love those EAT letters too! I have been talking to my fiance about them every time we watch the show! :) You may have convinced me to go get my own!!

Cheryl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow you are so crafty!!!!! Love those letters!

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your letters are so cute! You did an awesome job!

I'm dying for a vacation too! Desperately need to get out of Oklahoma for awhile. Looking at several options but can't decide. Hope you get to go to the beach soon!

Have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...