Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Fives...

This weeks Friday Five is Five of your Favorite July 4th Memories, Recipies, Traditions, Plans... 
 
Like I said yesterday I love the 4th of July because I love what represents! It just makes me realize how lucky I am to live in the USA!! 
 
 1. My little brothers birthday is on the 3rd so we always celebrate that and we usually cookout steaks and all that fun stuff and OF COURSE we have birthday cake! Its usually just a fun family day! Last year one of my Moms neighbors had a party and they did TONS of fireworks so that was fun! We also go up to Nashville Shores and watch their fireworks show!
 
 
2. I am fan on baking!! I love it! So anytime there is a holiday I always try to make a themed something of another! This year here is my quest....

Look at those layers!!!
I found it at Make it and Love it! This is a great webiste because I like all the step by steps!
If you dont hear me talk about this again its because it tunred out a disatster but if it works out I will take pictures!!


 
3. One Word: FIREWORKS
 
Nashville puts one a HUGE Fireworks show and of course being Nashville we will have some country music mixed in! At least a million of my favorite Nashvillans pour into downtown and wait for the fireworks.
Theres nothing like sweaty, men in tank tops, beer drinking Nashville River Front get togethers!
 


 
4. Again I like to cook so I will be making this Patriotic Pizza!
 

Patriotic Pizza

Crust:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter

Filling:
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice

Topping:
1 cup fresh strawberries, mashed
4 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
8 – 10 strawberries sliced.

Crust:
In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and butter. Form into a ball with hands and press into a 14 inch ungreased pizza pan (I used my Pampered Chef pizza stone)

Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool.

Filling:
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and lemon juice. Spread on cooled crust.
Topping:
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine strawberries, sugar and cornstarch. Simmer until thick and glossy. It will turn from cloudy to clear. Cool. Spread on top of cream cheese filling.

Cut fresh strawberries crosswise to make rounds that resemble pepperoni, place on pizza and serve.
This recipe came from Your Homebased Mom



5.Take a moment and think of these guys...

and what they represent and what they do for this country, where would be as a country if we didnt have soldiers that are willing to fight for us?

That is someones son, dad, brother, husband....

I hope everyone has a GREAT and SAFE 4th of July!! I have a fun post to post up Saturday so come on back and check it out!

Link up so we can all see what you love about the 4th of July!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Can't wait to see pictures of your cake! I'm sure it's gonna be great! Hope you have a great weekend!

Mary said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The Make-a-cake blog is awesome! THANKS!
The "pizza": wonder if you could use pillsbury sugar cookie and roll it out? Pampered Chef has a recipe like that. Makes it a little easier!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...