Thursday, July 8, 2010

I gagged in my mouth a little...

You can sense it
 you know its coming
you have to prepare for it
 which makes it even more AWKWARD!! 

THE WEIRD HUG!!!! 

I am not a hugger so therefore when someone hugs me I always feel like its Awkward! 

I just got off the elliptical, sweating, focusing on NOT make eye contact with anyone, heading to the door, headed down the hall to the leave and then I hear "Hey Girl"! Its coming from behind me (why oh why did I take my iPod off) so I have to turn around. Here he comes all smiles, arms out.... NNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!
 I'm sweaty, you are sweaty, can we please high five, fist bump, head nod, something-anything besides a big ole sweaty hug(have I mentioned he is sweaty too)! 
Then it happens....

The awkward, sweaty hug that lasted 2 seconds to long- I gagged in my mouth- I slapped on a smile do all the chit chat hoopla and all the while thinking of his sweaty shirt on my sweaty shirt- I COULD DIE!!!! 

Oh yeah it was a guy that I used to work with at the Rainforest Cafe (you can laugh its OK- I was young and it paid good)! 

15 comments:

♥ Elizabeth said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I ALMOST DIED! I love the awkward hugs you posted both include John McCain. I as well am not a toucher or hugger... stay the heck out of my personal space, so I feel your pain! Sweat to boot!

Steph S. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This made me laugh out loud! :)

CJ Sime said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awesome.

:o)

You made my day. I am not a hugger either.

my family said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

funny, that is gross when you are all sweaty too....love the pictures of weird hugs

Lauren Thomas said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hilarious!
I do the same thing at the gym - I try to pretend that I don't see anyone else and they don't see me!

Caroline said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I even hate handshakes. Nasty!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That first picture makes me really uncomfortable.. haha!

Keeping Up With Kaegan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOL Too funny. I must admit though, I am a hugger....always have been, but I promise Im not creepy, or awkward, hahaha :)

Kerr said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ahhhh that first picture is hilarious!!!

I hate seeing people at the gym. I get so sweaty and I do not want to talk to you! esp the girls that done sweat a drop. annoying!

Lindsay said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is hilarious :)

Laura said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OMG Girl, you made me crack up laughing while I was reading this at work! lol. I am so not a hugger either so I know where you coming from. It would have given me the creeps too!

Melissa's Thoughts said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ha, he didn't seem to mind your sweaty shirt. HAHAH...sorry. That is too funny.

Ms. Emily Ann said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haha, eww!! Who hugs at the gym?!

Mrs. D said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haha! Your pics are priceless. John McCain is the king of awkward hugs.

Rebecca said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lessons learned...don't try to hug ANYONE at the gym (who does that?) and McCain is the most awkward human on the planet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...