Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A whole lot of nothing....

Hello Wednesday! I cant believe its mid-week! It has been NUTS at work this week and I will never admit being in my PJ's at 7pm on Tuesday night eating popcorn for dinner and openly crying over my beloved Phil on The Deadliest Catch! So darn sad! 

Speaking of oceans and boating did you see this?

I cant believe that! You can here to read the story here but it happen in Africa and they guess it to be a 40 ton whale! WOW!!! 


 I busted out the Crockpot today and made this recipe...

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

Servings: 10 • Size: 10 oz • Prep Time: 5 minutes • Calories: 202 • Points: 4 ww points
1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
10 oz package frozen corn kernels
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
chopped fresh cilantro
Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points). 

 I get into politics and I tend to have strong opinions BUT I am always willing to listen to others opinions! I mean that is why we are lucky to live in the good ole' USA! I love our lunch time conversations at work because we talk alot about politics and I find it interesting to see how people react and their opinions about politics! No one holds back and its laid out there and thats that! Lets be honest we pretty much solve all the worlds problems in our little lunchroom meetings! Today I saw this on the news and found it very interesting so I cant wait to bring it up at lunch! What do you think?

Sienna I just wanted to remind you AGAIN that Jude cheated on you with his kids nanny! 
I don't want you to forget!!! 


I have no words.... Just no words for this...

Just because I like it and wanted to share with you...

9 comments:

Lindsay said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That recipe looks delicious :)

Selma said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm gonna try that recipe hopefully this weekend! :) Sounds great! :)

♥Cait said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Beth! I agree with Lindsay, that recipe does look amazing! I haven't heard about the 40 ton whale story until now. Holyyyy molyyyyyy! Can you imagine being on that tiny boat at the time?! Geeeez! How scary!

I've left you an award on my blog! Check it out ;)

Natalie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Recipe looks so yummy. I may just steal for myself.

My family has always been into politics. Even at a young age, I was urged to find my own opinion & voice it. Debates & discussions have been a part of my growing up which is probably why I enjoy listening to other's opinions, even if they vary from my own. As long as the person has a valid reason & not just following the main stream.

LOVE the bicycle card. So true.

K said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That donkey thing is terrible. I can't believe someone would do that. Sometimes I think people have no brains.

Sammy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

1) I just saw the whale incident on the Today show! How crazy would that be!?

2) That looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Im gonna have to try that recipe out. It does look yummy!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ummm so that recipe looks DELICIOUS! My mouth is watering!

The Ramblings of a Thirtysomething Wife said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So I am totally new to your blog and catching up from the beginning. I just came across this post and am just heartbroken at what they did to the donkey. I can't even imagine how that poor animal must've felt the entire time it was in the air and then to be dragged through the water...I seriously teared up watching the video. It's so sad to think that people would do that to a helpless, innocent animal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...