Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hello Handsome...

We are going straight random tonight...
Are you ready?

First up Recipe!
 This bad boy is YUM...

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 large bowl • Calories: 388 • Points: 6.75 pts

1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed, quartered
1 tbsp olive oil
6-8 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deviened
1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
Salt and fresh pepper
1/2 tsp herbs de Provence (or you can use your favorite herbs)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (gives it a little kick)
8 oz angel hair pasta, high fiber or low carb

Heat a large skillet on high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. When skillet is hot, spray with oil and add shrimp. Cook shrimp about 2 minutes in each side until almost cooked through and remove from the pan. Set aside.
Reduce skillet heat to medium, add olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden, careful not to burn. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer about 4 minutes. Add white wine and broth and stir. Add asparagus, salt, pepper and herbs. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
While sauce is simmering, boil salted water and cook pasta until desired tenderness. Drain when done.
After sauce simmers 10 minutes, add shrimp to sauce to finish cooking, about 1 minutes (Do not overcook or shrimp will get tough). Add pasta to the sauce and toss well. Divide equally in 4 bowls and top with a good grated cheese.
Yields a little over 1 1/2 cups per serving.

Ok Next Up...
August Friday Fives Schedule!
6th- 5 things you miss about being a kid
13th-5 favorite websites (Keep it Clean Friends my Granny reads this)!
20th- Tell me 5 things about your dream house- scour the world wide web and find pictures or just tell us about it, where it will be, size...! I love Real Estate so this will be fun!
27th- Friday Random Question Time:
1.Something you are OCD about
2. Your favorite quote
3.What is the farthest you have been from home?
4.Do you do a real or fake Christmas tree?
5.First Blog you ever read?

Again feel free to email with any Friday Five Ideas! You will get all the credit :)

Ok this made me laugh! You have to love Lady A and Country Music....

And I will end with a few answers!
I have gotten a lot of the same questions here lately so here are the answers

1. The chair I got Anniston(seen here) is from the neighbor! You can check out her blog or website to get a hold of her, her email is on both places! Yes I asked and she can ship it!

2. Yes that is my mailbox seen in this post! The cover is a magnet that my Granny got me from the Co-Op in her hometown.
I have never seen them in the stores BUT I have not really looked for them! If anyone knows where else to get them let me know and I will post it up here!

3. NO I do not know the guy in the background of my Wordless Wednesday post and to be honest I didnt even notice it till Jayne pointed it out to me after I posted it!

4. Yes I ACTUALLY did ask people about politics in my last Friday Five! Its Random, I dont judge people by their choice of politics- its just a fun Friday Fives!

5. Yes I will continue to watch The Deadlist Catch without Captain Phil... That is what he would want us to do(Yes, I am aware I dont know him)! LOL....

6. No I haven't really kept up with Kate Plus 8 show! She annoys me and Mady is just plain ridiculous!

7. Yes "The Neighbor" is actually my Real Neighbor!  I could yell from my front porch and and she could probably hear me, my driveway connects to her yard! 

8. No I am not watching or blogging about Shark week... it stresses me out! I tried to watch it and I cant stand watching those seals trying to swim away!

9. No my Dad does not live in Nashville.

10. My SIL is doing great and still growing my sweet niece or nephew in her little belly! I smile when I get emails asking me about her! I cant wait to be an aunt!!! And No they are not finding out what it is and YES its killing me not knowing!!!  

11. Yes I really do love the Anderson Cooper- No one emailed me about him but it lets me post up a picture of the Cooper....
Hello Handsome....


Ok then I think that answered some questions from some emails I have gotten lately!!

Dont forget Friday Fives this week is...
 5 things you miss about being a kid

 
 






2 comments:

Ben and Emily said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That video is too funny! Love Lady A!

:)
emily

Kerr said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that shrimp dish looks delish! I am hungry now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...