Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh Stars...

Oh friends I wasnt  going to post tonight but I just have to share with you my evening.
I have told you my family is crazy and crazy things happen and we had one of those nights....

My Granny lives about 2 and a half hours away but we are always in communication.
I talked to her around 6:45ish and everything was fine.
Well I tried to call her back and nothing!
Her phone was off and so was her cell phone- a little weird but not panic stage.
I continued to call for the next hour and a half and NOTHING!
And we are Panicking!
I am up changing clothes we are going up there.
Mom calls the cops up there and tells them what is going on and they said they would send someone over-there was definitely no hurry on their end.
Now there is panicking, yelling with my Mom and packing.
I now decide to call her neighbor(who has to be at work at 4am and keep in mind they are an hour ahead of us).
Poor guy I woke him up and I could here him getting dressed.
He heads over and of course he gets there the same time the cop does.
Now Joe is in panic mode with us.
Granny hears the doorbell.
Granny has on her PJ's
Granny is worried because she cant turn the volume down on the TV-the remote was messed up- Yes the neighbor and police are at the door during this.
She then runs to look out the window and  sees the police.
She then runs to find her bath robe and she grabs her big winter one(now she is burning up).
Police and Neighbor are at the door
the remote cant be fixed
she checked the window
then ran to get a robe
 I can imagine at this point  Joe is beside himself.
She finally talks to them and explains whats going one
They leave.

Granny finally calls me from her cell and I am relived beyond belief!

Did I mention that her home phone was just off the hook...

Oh Stars...

Thank God she is fine, I love my Granny!

6 comments:

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad she is fine...love that she grabbed the Winter robe. :) Too cute!

Lindsay said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your grammy is too cute for words! :) Cherish every minute!

april said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oh. my. goodness. is it wrong that i laughed at this?! after the fact that i saw your granny was okay, of course. hil.arious.
i would do the EXACT same thing :)

Kimberly said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that happened so many times to us with my mother in law!! LOL

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Never a dull moment in our crazy family....but you do have a tendency to panic!! (ha)
You forget to add that her cell phone was "lost" in the bottom of her purse turned off..which was off my accident cause I dont think she knows how to turn it off...KDM

Jenni said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so glad that she's fine! And, I love that she grabbed a robe, too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...