Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Power of Prayer...



I mainly blog about the good of life! I don't feel like getting on here and complaining or sharing my worries is excited for you guys! 
BUT.... 
One of the good things about blogging is that you can turn to your "reader friends" and ask for help! 
I did it when my home town flooded and you guys were AMAZING and I am about to do it again.
 I dont know this family but I CANNOT imagine what this little young family is going through!
 I am not asking you to donate or ask for money but simply your prayers for this sweet family. How amazing is it for this struggling family to know that they are getting prayers from around the world from complete strangers!!! 

So here is the email that I received this morning from my friend Jayne...

Hi friends,
I don't normally like to ask for help, but Jeremy and I have a friend who is going through a very difficult time right now...
Some of you may know Stephen Gardner & his wife Sarah. Stephen went to Western with Jeremy and they played soccer together. Sarah was diagnosed with a brain tumor a couple years ago. The doctors thought they got it all, but we just found out that her cancer came back while she was pregnant with their first baby! Sarah gave birth to their little girl, Caroline, 10 weeks before her due date & the baby is in the NICU fighting for her life while Sarah battles Stage 4 brain cancer!

Some of our friends have organized a fundraiser in an effort to help Stephen and Sarah out with their medical expenses, which are significant.  If you would like to help out, there are a couple options:


You can purchase bottles of Arbonne Shea Butter Hand &Body Lotion for $20 at http://sarahgardnersheabutter.blogspot.com/ 


50% of all sales go towards the medical expenses for Sarah & Caroline. 
The goal is to sell 1000 bottles, which would raise $10,000 for them.
Additional details are below in a previous email...
If you would prefer for 100% of your money to help them, you can make a check out to "Sarah Gardner Benefit" and let me know and I can let you know where to send it. 
I understand that some of you may not be able to help financially and that's ok... If you will please just pray for Stephen, Sarah, & Caroline as they go throught this tough time!

Thanks so much for your help and let me know if you have any questions.

Jayne W.


This breaks my heart for the young family with this sweet baby girl! I know that all the "Big Bloggers" do this kind of thing all the time but if you think about please say a little prayer for this family!! 

3 comments:

michelle ellis said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, my heart hurts for this family. I am praying for them!

Paige said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've been hearing a lot of about this family on my FB. Praying for both Mommy and baby.

Laura said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Im definitly praying for this family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...