Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reality TV...

We were talking today at lunch about how Reality TV is taking over! 
There are shows on about anything and everything!! 
Take this show for example...
I will say I tuned in for about the first 20 minutes or so and I thought it was ridiculous!
I didn't understand how the "game" worked and then on top of the way everyone was acting so crazy I ended up turning it off! 

Let me say here that I am the first to admit I watch reality TV but I am starting to think that it maybe going to far?

We decided that the whole Reality Phase really took off around the Laguna Beach/ Real World era.
I feel like Reality TV then was about actual people living their life which was different then everyone else's life,like Jon and Kate plus 8, Little People Big World... 
Then it just branched out from there: Survivor, Big Brother, The Simple Life...

Now its just plain stupid!
Guys like this are getting shows....



And then we have a show that basically says OK to have violent temper because when you do you end up on TV and you become famous for it??? 
I will talk about this joker later but I think he is RIDICULOUS and I think it is so stupid that he is famous for being a drunk and a jerk! I think she CRAZY to keep putting up with it! 

Then we watched these two literally go crazy trying to become famous.
She will never ever be the same, she will never ever have a normal body, she probably lives in pain and she did all this for attention? to become famous? I mean really!!!

I truly believe that this family maybe the worst ones, The Duggars!
  I think its the Dad who puts them all on TV. 
I just think the Mom does what she is told and she just smiles. 
They almost lost their baby and the whole thing was captured on film for the world to see. 
The Dad even announced that they only take a 10 day break from filming between seasons which means the season pretty much lasts a year, so the kids never get a break! 



Why do people watch(including myself)?
The shows are getting crazier, crazier but I think people are starting to realize it! 

Anderson Cooper(I am not just saying this because I love him, I agree with him) was on Regis and Kelly yesterday and they were talking about the Real Housewives of DC and he said he cant watch it because of the White House crashers. They degraded the government, made it look easy and then got away with it. Why would anyone want to watch that? I agree!! He also talked about how the show Jersey Shore has single handled ruined the reputation of a state! All because a bunch of idiots get on TV and act like fools and then on top of that have become rich and famous AND THEN people tune in to watch every week??

Again I ask why do we watch? 
How far will it go??? 

Another thing we talked about was there are 5 reality shows to one sitcom! 

Oh stars....
What is happening to the world of TV but the BIG question is
WHY DO WE WATCH????
Why Am I blogging about it??????

10 comments:

Hannah said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I agree...the fascination with is is so strange.

I also saw Anderson Cooper's little rant yesterday and I couldn't agree more with him. It's like they're being rewarded for their bad behavior that, in essence, put our country at risk!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My favorite "reality" shows now are the HGTV shows and "Clean House".. I also love "Dancing With the Stars".

I used to watch Kardashians, but then decided I didn't need to be watching that trash! Other than those few, I've given up reality tv!

Adrienne Gomer said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I agree that Reality TV is crazy, but I think we watch because it makes us feel better about ourselves, like we are normal because all of those people are so crazy. Also, I think shows like Survivor and Big Brother (reality competition shows) started long before shows like John & Kate and Little People Big World.

Miranda said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very well spoken! I watch SOME reality shows, but I can't bring myself to watch the Bachelor/Big Brother/Survivor type shows. My favorite one is Biggest Loser .. I get so wrapped up in that one!

Mommy's Sippy Cup said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yeah, I sometimes hate the fact I get sucked into reality tv! One of the girls on Bachelor Pad was wearing one of Stella & Dot's necklaces! Too cute :)



www.stelladot.com/jessicac

Christina said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OMG, it totally is taking over. Luckily a few good sitcoms started up last year so I've avoided most reality TV. I can't get enough of Rachel Zoe and Flipping Out though. But I like to think they are above the trash shows because they actually have a talent. If you think decorating houses and decorating people is a talent.

I have to admit, I'll probably watch Levi's show. I know, I know, I’m embarrassed enough as it is.

The Girly Tomboy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Train wrecks...the whole lot of them...and we can't help but be sucked in. We know it's stupid, but we just can't look away!

Kelly and Sara said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

haha so true! Did you see the new reality show about the man with FOUR wives... yup i think its on TLC

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hahahahaha I just posted on my facebook Monday night, why do I get sucked into these shows... I did watch The Bachelor Pad and then followed it with Dating in the Dark... ugh... for this I missed out on some sleep... hahahaha But I watch... I am hooked...

Sammy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I took a class 5 years ago on Reality TV in college, it was for English credit and we analyzed the 'reality' of these shows. It wasn't as bad then when it was just Laguna, Survivor, Big Brother, and Next Top Model. But boy have times changed, I watch Real Housewives but not DC (it was just awful) and I always get sucked into the Duggars lol. The worst out now I think is Toddlers & Tiaras but I can't just look away! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...