Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Well Hello Monday and I am just now posting! Its been a few since my last post(which shared my love for Tiger, I know its UGLY but it really did make me laugh out loud)! 

This weekend I feel like was a blur! 
Saturday was gym, cleaning, lunch and movie with Steph.
Its official Eat, Pray, Love is in my top 5 favorite movies! 
I REALLY liked it!! 
I am a Julia Roberts fan but I think I really just liked the story behind it!! I LOVED it and I am sure I will see it again and I am definitely going to read the book!
AND there were some good movie trailers-there is a movie coming out about Facebook that I just might have to check out I cant decide if its scary or not! I DONT DO SCARY!!!! 

Saturday night we had a little Titans Football to watch and I cried!
Yup cried over football! 
Not because we lost but because of this guy

Stafon Johnson 

Last pre-season he was lifting weights and dropped the bar on his chest and he was out all season then this season he comes out in the first pre-season game and hurts his ankle which led to surgery! It was SAD...
It showed him crying and it TORE ME UP!! 

Wow excuse me while I tear up again...
 I dont know if I am upset over him or if I just took the time to blog about football?!?

Yesterday I had some errands to run, typical grocery run and cleaning! I also made a quick trip to the Lebanon Outlet mall where I discovered the Bath and Body Works outlet!! FABULOUS! 
My friend Jana stopped by to use the Cricut and it motivated me to start making Christmas cards!
 You can call me crazy but I have some major traveling coming up and I will be gone more than I will be home so I am starting early!! Oh and Hobby Lobby is full on Christmas Decor so I dont feel that bad! 

Sleigh Bells Ring Can you Hear Them....


And here is what you have really been waiting for my weekly recipes for all you 5's of people that emailed me about putting up more this week-here you go...


Chicken and White Bean Filling
(4 WW points)
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup minced white onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
15.5 oz can Navy beans (or Cannellini beans)
8 oz cooked shredded chicken breast
1/3 can water
1 chicken bullion
1 tsp cumin
Green Chile Enchilada Sauce:
1 tsp butter
1/2 cup chopped white onion
2 tbsp flour
1 cup fat free chicken broth
7 oz can chopped green chile
2 jalapeños, chopped (I used jarred)
salt
1/2 cup light sour cream
3/4 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese
8 medium 
low carb tortillas
chopped fresh cilantro or scallions (or both!)
Preheat oven to 375°.

For the Filling:
In a medium pan, heat olive oil on low. Add onions, garlic and saute until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add green chiles, beans, water, bullion, and cumin. Mix well and cover.Simmer on low 15 minutes. Remove cover, add chicken and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until it thickens and liquid boils down. Set aside.

Green Chile Enchilada Sauce: 
In a large nonstick pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and starts to turn translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add flour and stir well. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth. Whisk until the sauce becomes smooth. Cook over medium heat until the sauce boils and thickens, about 4-5 minutes. Add green chiles, jalepeños, and salt to tatse. Cook another minute then remove from the heat. Stir in the sour cream.

Spread about 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish.Fill each tortilla with 1/3 cup of the chicken/white bean filling. Roll the tortillas and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Continue filling remainder of the tortillas.

Pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Top with cheese. Cover with aluminum and bake 20-30 minutes, until the enchiladas are hot and the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with fresh cilantro or scallions. 





Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili (3WW points)
1.3 lb (20 oz) fat free ground turkey breast
1 small onion, chopped
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies, drained
1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, undrained
1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, undrained
1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, undrained
2 tbsp chili powder
Topping:
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping
shredded cheddar to top (extra pts)
Brown turkey and onion in a medium skillet over medium high heat until cooked through.Drain any fat remaining and transfer to crock potAdd the beans, chilies, chickpeas tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder mixing well.Cook on high 6-8 hours.Garnish with onions, cilantro and cheese and enjoy! 
I froze half of this! 

I also halved this recipe and its cooking now in the Crockpot! 

And I am sure you saw the news that had rocked the blog world today! If not check it out here! We all know she is blogging Hero and I am so happy for her little family! 

12 comments:

Steph S. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I want to read/watch Eat Pray Love sooo badly! I don't know what i want to do first!

I hated hearing about the terrible football injury! I was so amazed by him making it back so quickly - i didn't get to watch the game last night (bengals were on in my time zone) but i hated seeing clips of it :( Heartbreaking!

P.S. I can't WAIT for your friday fives this week!!! Right up my alley!!! :D

Sarah Wyland said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I squealed out loud when I read Harper's message this morning! So happy for them!

I discovered that same outlet while I was interning in Nashville this summer. Amazing!

Jenni said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those recipes look great; I love coming home to dinner ready in a crock pot!

Sarah @ 365 Glimpses of John Parker said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just finished Eat,Pray, Love and I'm going to see the movie this week! Can't wait! You should definitely read the book.

I was so excited to read about their new addition! Highlight to my blogging day! :)

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I seriously screamed when I saw Kelly's news today! So happy for her and Scott!

californiadreamin said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You got me SO excited for Christmas and Eat, Pray, Love was such a great book :)

Jen said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh I can't wait to see "Eat Pray Love!" I adored the book, and I hope you enjoy it more than the movie because it's a treasure.

I saw the preview for the Facebook movie this weekend too -- we went to see "The Other Guys" -- and I really want to see it! It looks so good. I know the basic story behind it, but I'm curious about the specifics.

Kerr said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am going to see Eat Pray Love tonight, I cant wait!!

and I love Gina's WW recipes. They are so great!

CK said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I cannot wait to see Eat Pray Love. I just don't think the Mr. will want to go with me! I loved the book.

And Christmas? Eeek. Its never to early for Christmas:)

Katie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those enchiladas look so good! And I also really want to read Eat,Pray,Love.

Sammy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I saw Eat Pray Love over the weekend, and I have to agree it was one of my favorite movies of the bat! It makes me want to travel so bad! :)

Hannah @ The New Black said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didn't know Bath & Body Works had outlet stores! We SO need one of these in my area...I'd give them all my money. ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...