Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Fives...

This weeks Friday Five is a little different
Its Real
Its Emotional 
Its Uncomfortable
Its Sad
It Happen...


You didn't forget....
You won't forget...
You remember the feelings...
You remember the thoughts.....
You remember the fear....
You remember the day....
You remember asking "Why"...
You remember the wonder....
You were scared....

Our country was scared.

I was in college and working at the Mothers Day Out program at my church. I was in the shower getting ready for work and I heard on the radio there was a plane crash in New York City and the radio dj said "when we know more we will let you know more...."
I was drying my hair in front of the TV watching my local news and I saw the second plane hit.


My Mom was walking and I called her she didnt know anything but was headed home.
I called my Granny and Pap-Paw and he said "this isnt good, we are under attack" by who I said....

I drove to work with the radio off, I didnt want to know- my Pap-Paw was scared and I became terrified.
I get to work and people are serious, quiet, listening....
The kids were laughing, playing, innocent....

 I remember going to my Moms with my brothers and that is where I stayed. 
We watched the news together....
Talked about all things that happen, could happen, whats next....
We watched the people on TV and cried for them....
We watched the fireman and you could see their fear....

We listen as our President talked confidently that we as a country will not fall from this...
I remember finding comfort in his confidence.....

I remember going back to Lipscomb and being thankful for the environment that they provide there.
It was safe
Students and Teachers hugged...
I remember seeing my favorite Bible teacher (Dr.Seal) crying while watching the news....
Teachers talked to their classes about what was going on in our country....
Teachers and Students prayed together....
Students came together in chapel and you could feel Gods presence in that room
People were scared and didnt know where to turn but again people came together in pray
We prayed for our country....
We prayed for the kids there....
We prayed for the families that were suffering loss....
We prayed for peace...

It truly was the day the world stood still...



If you want to write about you remember from this HORRIBLE day feel free to link up and if you don't thats fine. 

This day changed the world we live in and I think its important to think of the people who were lost that day, think of the people who saved lives that day and to just think of our country and to Thank God for our safety and that we dont have to live in this amazing country in fear.


I am still doing the link up for the $35  CSNStores.com giveaway! 

1.Do the Friday Fives and link up each Friday
2. Your name goes into the hat to win
3. If you do the Fives each Friday in September then your name will go into the hat 4 times AND your changes of winning go up even more....
Yay I love a giveaway(have I mentioned that I won this giveaway on another blog and I was WAY to excited about it)


Just Me and My Life


6 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I will never forget that day....you and I stayed up all night watching it on TV...do you remember the eery sound of no planes flying above our house...silence. Our country and victims families lives were changed forever..God Bless America...
<3 Mom

♥ Elizabeth said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What an important topic to write about and remember! What a somber day.

Steph S. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didn't participate in Friday 5's this week, but you chose an excellent theme. That day is definitely one that will be forever in my mind - kind of like our parents will never forget vietnam, JFK, etc. I was in high school when our prinicipal announced over the intercom that NYC had been attacked! Students scrambled in the hallways, freaking out, and headed to various classrooms to find tvs. Lesson plans were basically threw in the trash that day - TV, all day. Peter Jennings, crying. I still to this day feel sad when I see photos of the WTC location - I know they're rebuilding, but it's still a shocker to the heart.

Have a good weekend, Beth!

Abi said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for a great reminder for this memorable day...

a girl and a pearl. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was in my morning Econ class in college. I remember a TA running to the front of the classroom and whispering something into the professors ear and hearing fellow students cell phone ringing and buzzing, followed by many people getting up and running from the room. The professor made the announcement and did all that he could to keep from breaking down. He canceled class and I went back to my dorm room where everyone was sitting in awe, glued to their TV's. I will never forget that day. God bless all of the families who lost loved ones that day and God bless America.

Angela Darling said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think one of the strangest things I noticed that day, was the silence. There was complete chaos but somehow, maybe because we were all so shocked, I remember things being in slow motion, people not saying much of anything to one another. I remember my sister (from Our Newlywed Life) and I watching the president's address that night and thinking I was so scared that a nuclear war may happen. It's a day we say will never be forgotten. Sad to say, though, that yesterday at work it seemed as if no one even remembered the importance of the day. Somehow, it seemed that few people wanted to remember. Thousands of people lost their lives that day and yet people yesterday seemed to care more about the football games playing out on tv. When will people wake up!?! Ok.. I'm off my soap box now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...