Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Good Ole' Somerset

Over the weekend I was off to Somerset with my Granny to go to there her class reunion!

Somerset KY is just one of those small towns where everything is just peaceful!

Just driving into the town I starting thinking about all my old memories I had  with family- I love that!
This is my MaMa and DaDa's house (Grannys parents) and this is where they grew up!

Here are some of the neighbors! I love all the flags and big porches.

This is my great Aunts house! Which is directly across from Grannys old house!
I love it!!

I love this pink house....

It definitely has the small town charm...
'

Granny and I just hanging out in the square....
The square is just like I remember it!



My Grannys family was big time in their town!
So much so they named a subdivision after them...


Granny was on the decorating committee...

I have more pictures but I wanted to share a few tonight!

My Pap-Paw grew up in Somerset as well and when we drove by their old house I got so overwhelmed with sadness that I just couldnt even take a picture! You all know I love my Pap-Paw dearly so when I saw Grandma and Grandpas house I know that my Pap-Paw was smiling down on Granny and I!
Man I miss that man....
I love and miss you Pap-Paw more than anyone will ever know.

It was fun trip!
I loved spending time with my Granny, I love her to pieces!
It was fun meeting her friends and hearing stories about!
Thank you Granny for an AMAZING weekend, Love You!!!



7 comments:

Kristi said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

such a nice post. I live fairly close to Somerset....it is a beautiful town.

Mari said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

SO Beautiful! I love small towns i will have to go to Sommerset next time im in KY

Kim Elkins said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't wait to see "Somerset Snookie"

Sarah said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What an adorable town! I love it!

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your granny is just too adorable and might I add that you are a fantastic granddaughter. :)

~ Lori ~ said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You have a lovely blog and I love your pictures!

Just wanted you to know that I have nominated you for a One Lovely Blog award!

http://justmeandmylife-lbuckner.blogspot.com/

Kerr said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

what a great trip! love me some small town KY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...