Sunday, October 3, 2010

Camels, Mullets and Pork Rinds, Oh My!

Dont be alarmed my Weekend Roundup post will be up tomorrow I just think that our Garage Sale excursion deserved its own post!
It was 6:45am and we( "the neighbor and myself) had already been to the ATM, gotten gas and had a little Chik-fil-a on a Saturday morning!
We were off to the Mile Long Garage Sale in Watertown, TN!
It really is a SMALL town with one red light and a little square but they host a MASSIVE Garage Sale!
I found out about it because the bestie sets up a booth and sells at it every year and she always sell just about everything! The neighbor actually bought some UGGS from her!!

I have never seen so many garage sales going on at the same time!
We started on one end and worked our way back and we saw it all, so much that I am going to just break it down for ya...

We saw...
A lady wearing some sort of mops as shoes....
A man making a cup of tea on the roof of his head...
Overall dresses...
A man wearing a hat that had some kind of fake hair glued to the top of it....
A girl wearing an airbrushed "Playmate" shirt with her Pink jeans(use your imagination)...
Lots of Mullets...

Two things I learned from our Garage Sale Adventure
1. Pork Rinds are fried pig skin- GAG
2. Don't wear flip flops to this next year because my feet were beyond gross when I got home- I cant even imagine what caused that- YUCK!
We saw a man riding his lawn mower to shop because lets face it he wasn't about to get off and walk...


We saw a homemade trailer!
Its effective don't you think?

We saw kids demolition derbying in a trailer in their little plastic cars IN THEIR FRONT YARD!


We saw wildlife
Oh the wildlife..
Who knew that we would see camels and mini zebra's!!!!
Oh I love Wildlife(NOT)!

Dont be fooled I was slightly nervous- they can sense fear!

Ok the fives of readers that have asked about "the neighbor"
well here she is and her friend the glass eyed camel!

It started out good with the camel....

But Quickly got dicey, these bad boys weren't shy!!!!


I made Kim take a picture with this big ole Coke because let me tell ya she loves her some Coke!!


More wildlife...
Are these  their pets?


Check this out!
I really considered buying this!

Ok here are some of these things that we bought!!
Consider this the before SO I will be so excited to show you the afters....
 I cant wait to see it all done!!
I am telling you the neighbor can do some amazing things with Garage Sale finds!
EEHHHH I am getting fired up!

Remember this?
I cant wait to see what these turn into?
I bought these big Christmas balls and I dont know what I am going to do with them but I know with some cute ribbon they will be precious!

 Well I am sure these will be just as cute!!


Love this big ole' frame- I know she will make it amazing!
This was the last thing we bought on our way out Watertown!

I bought this  little cart for my house!
I loved it and it reminded me of a bar cart that my great grandmother had in her house!
I cant wait to see it finished- I am thinking yellow!!!

This little table is for my house as well! Its so cute!!
Now we need to decide on a color!!!
Its going to be my magazine keeper table! Remember I have a magazine hoarding issue?

I loved this big ole' blue chest!!
I dont know what I am going to do with it but I love it!

Love these sweet bay doll beds!
She bought all they had from this sweet little man that made them!
I loved the shape of this frame!

It was such a fun day and I think we should make that an annual trip!!
 I cant wait to show ya'll the afters (oh stars I said ya'll)!


9 comments:

bailey said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that looks like so much fun! my mom has been going to yard sales for the past few months and she gets SO much stuff! and for SO cheap! it's pretty amazing. i want to go sometime, but i'm not a fan of getting up early :)

alicia said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Y'all are crackin me up, but sounds like a fun time. Plus you scored some great stuff. That frame is pretty cool.

Erin said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Okay, the homemade trailer picture is hysterical! That just cracked me up! And I can't wait to see how everything turns out!! :)

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am going next year!! Not for the "junk" but the fun..I know how you are in those type of environments and your comments...fun times... Mom

Kim Elkins said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Next year - we're riding the camel!

Candice said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That looks like so much fun! And those are some great finds!

The Farrar's said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

SO FUNNY! Lance & I went too! What a great time! We saw most of the things you saw---even the little man riding his tractor! HA! We love the Watertown Yard Sale! can't wait to see the afters! kim is MAGIC! ;)

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Had to look at you with the camels again so I could get a laugh!!
KDM

kristie@thedecorologist.com said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I went to the Watertown sale about 8 years ago, and it was a blast. Still remember some of the goodies I bought there! Can't believe you didn't buy that Farrah head - I think my sister had one of those back in the day! You girls sound like a lot of fun :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...