Sunday, November 21, 2010

Issues...

Ok friends lets talk about chess pie, is it a Southern thing? I cant believe how many emails I got asking what it is! You are missing out- its so YUM and so easy! Here is the recipe but be ready, once you make it people will BEG for it!

Pre Heat oven to 325 degrees:
2 eggs beaten and set aside in a bowl
frozen pie shell-do not get deep dish use regular
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon vinegar

Melt butter and then add all ingredients and eggs-Mix until blended.
Pour into the pie shell  then put on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
I hope you make it! Come back and tell me if you love it!!

Granny is ready and decorated for the Holidays! We swooped in and got busy! Granny and I were in full decoration mode and the little brother was in full yard work mode! Let me tell you something we got a lot done in a short amount of time...

Keep in mind these are all taken from my phone...

Not sure what happen with the color and lighting but you get the idea


Lets take a quick break, see this vacuum...
Its a beast and it almost pushed me over the edge....
Just wanted to let you know....

The neighbor painted this for me a few years ago for me to give for Granny for Christmas and I love it more than I did back then!


Here is the question of the hour.... To Be Blonde or Not To Be Blonde...
 In October I darkened my hair its not dark dark but its not the blonde that I have always been, See...





I kinda miss the blonde! So I am either going back all the way blonde OR going a lot darker!
I liked the change but now I feel like its a bit dull!
Feel free to tell me what you think!

Can I tell you right now that I am big time obsessed with Ebates.
I like to order online and I LOVE a deal but getting money back for shopping online...Um...YES please!
I have already gotten 2 checks from them and I should have taken a picture so you could see and see there isn't a catch! Trust me I thought there was a catch but so far its been smooth sailing all the way to the bank!





You pour your blood, sweat and tears into decorating for the holidays- trees, mantels, wreaths, outside lights(that go out randomly on the second night they are out before you are going out of town where you lay awake and wonder why they went out and hoping your house doesn't burn down while you are gone to only learn it was just the timer they were hooked to- Im not angry I swear)! Its 9:30 at night and the blinds are all open so you can share your  blood, sweat and tears  holiday decor but your in the jammies, no makeup....
Do you close the blinds?
I am sure all the neighbors (not THE neighbors-I consider them family so they dont count) to see my pink jammies with my cool polka dot headband that I use to wash my face!
If only this was the only thing I have to worry about....
Speaking of the Neighbor please check out her stuff here ...I mean honestly I want one of everything!



7 comments:

Tasha said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think it's a southern thing...lol!!! I absolutely love chess pie, my grandmother makes it all the time!

capperson said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the trees. I've heard of chess pie, but never had it.

I really love the second pic of you. I love the hair color. Is that a recent pic of how your hair is now? I'm thinking the darker is really cute on you!

Kim Elkins said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love my dessert making, polka dot pajama wearing, non-hugging, vacuming obsessed, blonde OR brunette neighbor!

Katie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yes, chess pie is definitely a southern thing. I've never had it. I'm more of a fruit pie kind of girl...cherry and blueberry are my favorites!

Miss Chelsea said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like the not-so-blond! But that's just me... I love when blondies go dark haha

Kimberly said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I never heard of chess pie but it sounds good. I love your hair blonder!

michelle ellis said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I grew up in Alabama, and Chess pie has always been a staple at our holidays. My husband, the Texan, has never heard of it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...