Sunday, December 5, 2010

People Watching...

Hello Friends! How was your weekend?
Mine has been busy! I was getting ready for the holidays, cleaning and packing for San Francisco!
Thats right, I am blogging from good Ole San Fran! I totally love this city(no fear New York I am not cheating on you) I have been here many times and I love it more each time! My hotel is literally right across from The Container Store and the Apple store- that totally excites me!! 
Not the best picture but you get the idea....

 Let me tell you something its a long haul to get here! All I have to say is thank goodness I have an iPad- How did I ever travel before ir?

I had a LONG layover in the Denver airport so I decided to people watch! I could do this for hours and usually I have something to say( I know the bestie is laughing about this because she is my travel buddy and she knows I always have something to say). So here we go with my people watching....

I am sitting in the Denver airport waiting for next flight! Just sitting….waiting……waiting …. You get the idea. I need a break from reading and watching movies so whats the next best thing but to people watch and blog about it at the same time! I have my little set up here- me, my bags in the chair next to me, my iPad- iPhone plugged in. I am pretending to not see this lady glaring at me because I am using both outlets. I whip out the ole’ laptop and start typing away- I am sure now she is at ease because she thinks I am a person with a big wig job that entitles me to a million electronics! If she only knew that I was blogging and that I just have a mild but could be serious obsession with electronics!

So lets get on to the people watching….

Let me ask you ladies WHY OH WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU WEAR HEELS IN THE AIRPORT?? I don’t understand this! I have seen ladies that look they are on the verge of a major come apart with every step they take and their poor husbands, boyfriends, man in their life, whoever…. Look like they are ready to take cover at any minute. They are carrying all the bags, purses and in this one case dealing with all the kids(which seem to be foreign to them- my conclusion the nanny is in the bathroom)! Is it worth it ladies! You don’t looks “classy” you look like your in pain and you look like a FOOL in the airport with your heels on.

Here is another one for ladies- I am not married, I do not have children so my observation on this is just a plain ole’ observation! I saw a lady that looked to be maybe 4 or 5 months pregnant,2 kids(maybe 7 and 3ish), a husband and a boat load of bags and stuff! They are sitting at the gate the mom is giving out breakfast and the dad is juggling all the bags and answering the never ending question of the older girl “Dad am I going to get that book at that store” “Dad don’t forget you said I could get that book” “Dad when I am done can we go buy that book” “Dad you said I CAN GET that book”! Sweetie be quiet you have to be quiet long enough for him to answer, put the bags down and take a bite if of whatever his wife is giving him to eat for breakfast. Mom and Dad have not spoken a whole lot to each other that I have seen except for when she got mad at where he set the bags down! I loose interest with these people for awhile and bam there is yelling and from what I can make out it sounds like “ BUT HE SAID”! Ok seems like Mom has shut down the idea of buying the book that has just overtaken this kid! Dad stands back with his head down trying to wrangle the bags. What in the stars is this! That kid needed to be spanked, the Dad needs to stand up to the Mom and kid and the Mom needs to take a deep breath! Again just my observation but I was a tad annoyed by these people for some reason!

There is a bird flying around in the airport! I was going to try and get a picture but there is no need for me to make a scene! I will point out I do not do wildlife so if the bird gets to much closer I am moving seats!

I am loving this little older couple sitting across the way! They are sharing a kindle and they are precious! They are whispering to each other( they are probably talking about the whole I want the book situation) and he seems to be so attentive to her! They are both wearing matching Velcro New Balance tennis shoes! Love them- precious!

Its winter! Its chilly and we are in Denver no less where you can actually feel the cold seeping in thru the window. Now you could easily catch me in flip flops in November in Nashville so I am not one to judge BUT I will observe! Oh Flossy(what I call people that I don’t know their name) is wearing a tank top! A tank top, jeans and of course open toe heels with no coat to be seen! Flossy, I really hope that A. you checked your coat B. you are flying from somewhere very warm or C. your husband is coming and he is carrying your coat! If none of those apply then you are just silly and deserve that I am blogging about you.

Hold the phone here comes little Sweetie with pregnant Mom and she has a shopping bag- did she get the book after all?? She is running a muck with little sister and I cant tell! But by the way she acting now it looks like she got what she wanted!

A man just walked by with what looked to be full on ski gear! I can still hear him swishing! Oh my, maybe he could spare a layer for tank top Flossy here.

Note to self: You never know who is blogging about you.

8 comments:

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haha How funny! You've got some great stories! I love people-watching too!

Miss I said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOL! Too funny. I live near Denver and my boyfriend was actually at the airport today. You can always tell the native Coloradians because it's hard for us to get cold. In fact, I haven't worn my winter jacket yet and as long as there isn't snow on the side walk i'll wear my flip flops. I love people watching!

Val said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

People watching is one of my most favorite things to do.

Haha. This is great!

K said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So funny! It drives me nuts how parents seem so contradictary with their kids.

Ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haaaaaaa, you are too much. Love it. :)

Kerr said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

airports are the craziest places!

Rebecca said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Heels in the airport always perplex me too, but makes me wish that I was that dedicated at the same time!

That scene about the book just gave me a glimpse into my future...ugh! They couldn't spank here right there in the middle of the airport, could they?

AMY said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gotta LOVE people watching in a airport! LOL!
Flossy....had me dying laughing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...