Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Best City Ever....

Oh my goodness Friends!
Welcome back to the real world!!
I have been off work since before Christmas and today was serious business!

But enough about that lets talk NEW YORK CITY!
We had a great time and of course I still LOVE THAT CITY AND YES I WOULD STILL MOVE THERE TOMORROW! I really do love that city, its exciting, fast paced and just awesome!!
There is so many things that I want to tell you about but lets be honest you dont have an hour to go thru all that so here are a few more pictures...

 The first day in the city we were a 100 miles per hour and by dinner we were ready to sit down and eat a yummy meal and that is just what we had! We found this amazing little restaurant that was nice and quiet and WARM and had wine on the menu! The meal was YUMMY!
We became fast friends with our waiter so much so that we got our picture with him! Ignore us we are wind blown!
And of course I have food pictures....
This dessert was a small piece of heaven!

STEAK! YUM!
Just so you know that is lobster macaroni back there and lets be honest it was FANTASTIC! 
Of course we had to check out Dylan's Candy Bar!
I wont lie I was disappointed it was just an over sized candy shop
(I dont really know what I was expecting) but I will say I enjoyed walking around and sampling on all the candy! Steph definitly let me know that she didnt think I was supposed to snack and shop!

The New York Public Library.
Well of course I was thinking Sex in the City but MAN WAS I WRONG.
The smell in there I just couldnt take so I literally walked in and out.
Seriously disappointed!
Oh yeah, it smelled like pee....



If you have seen the news then you have seen the trash and man there was a lot of trash!
Of course I had to take a picture and yes I am aware there is a shady suitcase in this picture but Hey its New York, right?

Picture it!
The Plaza the fancy Plaza in New York city!
A nice warm cup of hot chocolate
a nice fountain
then this bad boy swims up....
Oh my!!
He was not very Fancy Plaza like AT ALL!!
EEK! I dont do wildlife at all!


So we are walking down Times Square
Its a wind storm and its COLD and honestly it just hurt to be outside!
As we are walking back to the hotel (Poor Steph I drug her out there in the cold but I was too excited to be in NYC to go in but I will say it was FREEZING) we noticed that if you stand on the sidewalk in this certain place your picture would come up on this HUGE screen in Times Square and we were way to excited about this!
As you can tell I took our picture on the screen!

Does he look familiar?

Thats right we were brave girls we got on the city bus and left the city to go to Hopoken, NJ!
We wanted to see the bakery from The Cake Boss and we saw it and it is just like it is on the show!
It was fabulous and it smells just like you think it would!

The strawberries were FANTASTIC, I mean beyond YUM!
The cupcake was eeehhhh...
The icing was good but the cake wasnt anything special!

The trip was amazing and so fun!
If you havent been to that city then you need to go!
Its the best and so fun and so so so many things to see and do!

5 comments:

californiadreamin said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That cupcake looks yummy, mmmmm!

Ashley @ Life Is Beautiful said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So glad ya'll had such a wonderful time! I would love to do back around Christmastime! Don't get me wrong, I loved the time when I went, but there is just something magical about the thought of a New York Christmas!

Kimberly said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Next time you go tell me - we only live about 45 minutes from there. Glad you came to Hoboken too! :) Did you see any shows?

Katie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I want to go SOOOOOOOO bad!!!

Rebecca said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am cracking up at you guys on the jumbo TV and the way you spelled Hoboken...love it!

What a fun trip (minus the fact that a lot of places in NYC smell like pee and the garbage - yuck)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...