Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Healthy Times...

I'm back on my health kick!
Gym, healthy foods, self control the whole kick....
It's a lot of work but it really is worth it and I can honestly say I feel better when those things are happening!
Here is my deal though, you hear people say it's a life change and yes that's true but does it need to take over your life? I like what Bethenny Frankel says "If you want pizza, eat pizza but do you really need 3 pieces"?
Usually when I get on my health kick I go all out and honestly I just get burned out because I deprive myself so this time its going to be a little different!

There are so many great healthy recipe's out there and  I love Hungry Girl and Gina's Skinny Recipes websites- you can find some great recipes and I love that they offer up the points for the recipes!

If you have any other great sites or tips let me know and feel free to ask about my progress because thats a great motivator!


Tonight I made the Hungry Girl Pesto recipe.

Ingredients:
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
2 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
2 tbsp. pine nuts
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/4 tsp. salt, or more to taste
1/4 tsp. black pepper, or more to taste
2 packages House Foods Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Shaped Noodle Substitute

Directions:
To make the pesto sauce, place all ingredients except noodles in a small blender or food processor, and blend/process until a smooth paste forms. Set aside.
Use a strainer to rinse and drain noodles well. Pat dry. Cut noodles up a bit, using kitchen shears if you've got 'em.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add noodles and, stirring often, cook just until all water has evaporated and noodles are hot
Transfer noodles to a bowl and immediately toss with pesto sauce. If you like, add additional salt and pepper to taste. EAT!
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe (about 1 cup)
Calories: 177
Fat: 10.75g
Sodium: 490mg
Carbs: 13g
Fiber: 4.75g
Sugars: 1.5g
Protein: 8g

If you have any tips or ideas please let me know!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Paige said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am right there with you! I burn myself out and then fall into the same routine. I took pictures of myself and will take another set in four weeks after exercise and dieting. I also will not weigh for four weeks. To reward myself, I hope to buy new clothes that are smaller sizes!

Keep it up! I look forward to hearing your progress.

Kelly said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good luck with your new eating habits! I started WW again and have been cooking a ton. I have had so much fun in my kitchen that I haven't missed my favorite dinners out.

Mrs. D said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How is the tofu shirataki? I've bought some before but I never could bring myself to eat it... I'm such a chicken to try new things! Good luck on your health kick! :)

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yum! this looks delicious!! i love love love making pesto!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...