Sunday, January 23, 2011

We are Frozen...

Its the end of the weekend A G A I N!
Did y'all know that Nashville is  now Alaska? I now live in the Frozen Tundra (Yes stole that from MckMama)!
Check out this 7 day forecast...

BUMMER!

Well this weekend didn't go as planned because I was strapped to couch with strep throat. Me and Strep Throat are big buddies we see each other a few times a year and I HATE IT! I haven't felt to bad this time but definitely not 100% (it feels like I am swallowing knives every time I swallow-Nice-Huh?) and I was contagious. I hung out on the couch and spent a little time with the iPad- I wont go on about how much I love that thing but I will tell you that I LOVE THAT THING!

Guess what I have a countdown for?
Thats right!
The New Pioneer Woman book comes out soon and I cant wait! I love her she cracks me up!


Ok, here is a question for you?
What lotion do you use?
Hope thats not personal of a questions, LOL!
I am dying here in my new Alaska home where it was a balmy 34 degrees today!
I know that is my skin is so dry or it could be that I am to cheap to pay for so I stand in a scalding shower to warm up.
Anyways I know I have talked about my extensive scary lotion collection (I dont really know why I refer to my lotion issue it really is embarrassing)!
None of those lotions are cutting it so before I go spend a million dollars on different lotions I thought I would check with the troops (that would be you guys)!

Ok here is my recipe for the week!
This one came from CookingLight.com

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole (7WW)

Ingredients
3 quarts water
1 (12-ounce) package broccoli florets
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Dash of nutmeg
1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed 30% reduced-sodium 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
Cooking spray

Preparation
Preheat oven to 400°.

Bring water to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, and cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. Add chicken to boiling water; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until done. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; cool slightly. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, and add chicken to bowl with broccoli.

Combine evaporated milk, flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a saucepan, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add mayonnaise, next 4 ingredients (through soup), and 1/2 cup cheese, stirring until well combined. Add mayonnaise mixture to broccoli mixture; stir gently until combined.

Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until mixture bubbles at the edges and cheese begins to brown. Remove from oven; let cool on a wire rack 5 minutes.

11 comments:

Mrs. K said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Take it from this ex-Alaska resident, 30 or 40 degrees is t-shirt and flip flop weather there. What you're experiencing is warm. It's crazy, huh? I miss Alaska sometimes, but this breezy southern weather here in Georgia is growing on me again.

Ashley @ Life Is Beautiful said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I know! Isn't this crazy weather, just well, crazy?! I was trapped again due to snow and ice Thursday & Friday! I'm going broke because I can't get to work! haha

I am soooo excited for Ree's new book! I just love her!

I use anything by Aveeno. Mostly because I have super sensitive skin, but it works wonders. So does philosophy's lotions. They are a little pricey, but I love them!

-Many Smiles!

Syndal said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

girrl! put a negative before those temps and you'll have what us minnesotans are experiencing this week!
we are looking forward to warming up to 15 tomorrow!
as for lotion- aveeno is amazing, udder cream at night for silky smooth hands and feet the next morning

Ben and Emily said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think it's snowed more in Nashville the past two years, than all of my childhood! Crazy!

I think I'll talk our flurries over Alaska though! :)

Marianne said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Johnson & Johnson Baby Lotion :) The pink bottle. I swear by it!

Also, hot water dries your skin out more. When you get out of the shower, don't dry off totally before putting lotion on. Lathering up with slightly damp skin will keep the moisture in.

That recipe sounds great, too! Thanks!

Kristina said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am so ready for summer. Even in Texas, it's been colder than normal. I get excited when the temperature reaches 50!

My lotion of choice--which probably is more like an addiction--is The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter. Ah-MAY-zing. It's super thick and creamy. I use it all winter.

Melissa's Thoughts said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YUMO! That looks delish. I use a lot of the Avon Oatmeal lotions in the winter because I dry out like a .... well, sand? Ha, anyway, I hate the forcast for this week.

Miss Chelsea said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm a big fan of good ol Johnson's baby oil, right after you get outta the shower.

Adrienne Gomer said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Use oil, it's much more effective than lotion. I love Neutrogena Light Sesame Oil or Lavender scented Baby Oil. You have to use it right when you get out of the shower to trap all the moisture from your damp skin. It works 10 times better than any lotion!

The Ramblings of a Thirtysomething Wife said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I really like the Shea Cashmere line from Bath and Body Works (especially the hand creme) and the Lavendar Hand & Body Lotion from the Trader Joe's Spa line. Both seem to work really great and smell awesome!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have dealt with very dry skin during the winter months since I was a little girl. Curel lotion is the only thing that works for me. Put it on as soon as you get out of the shower and it will stay with you all day. I know it has already been said but those hot showers are not a friend to you dry skin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...