Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up a Day Late!

My friend Christal got married this weekend! It was such a fun and beautiful wedding! So fun that I only took a few pictures! So here is what I have and I snagged a few from Rachel's facebook page....

I mean how cute is this picture!!
Yes I am the girl that took a picture of a picture but I loved it(I blame Jayne she pressured me to take it)!!

The bride and her sweet momma!


Ok, so they did this super fun dance with fun sunglasses and lets face it we loved it!!
I mean Jayne is totally rocking hers...LOL!!
Like I said earlier I was having to much fun to take pictures but I am sure there will be tons more to come!!
Congrats to Christal and Barrett!!


Did y'all know that this guy might be running for President! 



I dont really know what I think about this! I am actually excited bout all the election stuff that is coming up! 
What do you guys think about this? I have a hard time getting past the idea that he is nothing more than a "celebrity" but really Sarah Palin is a "celebrity- reality star"  as well! 
 I will say that the Presidents job is serious business and I dont know how respected our country will be if we put a reality star in that position- just a thought!
I have t ogive a shout out to my Dad! 
Her sent me these lovlies on Valentinves Day! 
Thanks Dad, Love you!! 




Its only up hill from here!!
Look at those temps for next week!!
HOOORAY!!!!
Wonder if it would be inappropriate at work to set my laptop up out on the sidewalk?


A girl I work with is 27 weeks pregnant! 
I have become obsessed with whats going on each week and how much the baby has grown! 
She sent me this weeks update and it said that if you shine a flashlight on the belly you will probably see the baby move! Don't think I didnt march back to her office with iPhone flashlight shining it on her belly!! LOL- we even turned the lights out! We didnt see anything this time but dont think this wont become an everyday activity!! 


Speaking of Babies....
LOVE THIS ONE! 




Ok here is my weekly recipes! Both of these came from Tasty Kitchen! 
Easy One Pot Tortilla Soup

Ingredients
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 whole Medium Onion, Chopped
1 whole Red Pepper Chopped
3 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 pinch Of Cayenne Pepper
2 whole Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
32 ounces, fluid Low Sodium Chicken Stock
⅓ cups Enchilada Sauce
¼ cups Sour Cream
1 can Green Chilis (4oz)
Preparation Instructions
In a large pot, add olive oil and heat on medium heat. Add onion and pepper and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sprinkle in cumin and cayenne and stir. If using chicken, cut into small chunks, season with salt and pepper, and add to onions and peppers. Brown on each side, about 8 minutes total. You can also use pre-cooked, shredded chicken and add it in at this time then just proceed to the next step.
Pour in chicken stock, chilis and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 30 minutes (or longer if you want). Right before serving, stir in sour cream. Serve and garnish with tortilla strips, avocado, cheese, sour cream, lime, and cilantro.

Triple Layer Enchilada Casserole
Ingredients
1 pound Ground Beef
1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
1 package (1.25 Oz. Packet) McCormick Taco Seasoning
2-¼ cups Water, Divided
1 can (15 Oz. Can) Ranch Style Beans Or Kidney Beans
1 can (15 Oz. Can) Corn
1 package (1.5 Oz. Packet) McCormick Enchilada Mix
1 can (8 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
1 package 20 Count Bag Of Corn Tortillas
1 can (8 Oz Can Or Larger) Black Olives Sliced
1 bag (16 Oz. Bag) Fiesta Blended Shredded Cheese
Preparation Instructions
This is so simple, guys.
Dice your onion and put it in a skillet with your ground beef. Cook over medium heat until the meat is browned; then drain grease. Return the mixture to the skillet and add taco seasoning and follow the instructions on the back of the envelope. Normally it asks for 3/4 cups water. Let simmer for a few minutes and then add your beans and corn. I prefer Ranch Style beans because of the extra flavor, but plain red kidney beans work just as well.
While your taco meat mixture is simmering, you can start your enchilada sauce. In a small sauce pan, mix your package of enchilada mix with 1 1/2 cups of water and the tomato sauce. Let come to a boil.
Let’s start the layering of the casserole, shall we? I use a 9×13 casserole dish and I put corn tortillas flat on the bottom. Add your meat and bean/corn mixture to cover the tortillas, but saving enough to do this 2 more times. Sprinkle in olives. Cover with enchilada sauce and top with cheese. Repeat layers until you come to the top of your dish. For the final layer, I do a layer of tortillas then sauce and cover with lots of cheese.
Pop it into the oven for 10-15 minutes on 350 degrees F or until cheese is completely melted and starting to bubble.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

Melissa's Thoughts said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You always make me laugh. I can just see you with the flashlight saying, Come on baby, move go ahead...move. LOL

Bloggin in PA said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a beautiful wedding! I love the picture of your friend in the leaves throwing them up! So cute!

Cheryl E. said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It looks like a very beautiful wedding and that you all had a great time.

And are you kidding me, Trump might be running for president? Oh boy! Are we in trouble!

I am going to have to try this recipies they look delish! I am always looking for something different. Thanks for sharing :)

ty said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm stealing both of your recipes. BTW. And I agree with this whole reality star/celebrity in a political position deal. It's a joke.

Annie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

what a beautiful bride! love the pic of her in leaves, too cute!
i'm totally trying the flashlight thing tonight on my belly!! i'll let you know if it works ;)
the recipes sound delicious!

AndreaLeigh said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

what gorgeous pictures! the bride's dress is stunning!

thanks for sharing those recipes. the soup looks delish!

Kathryn said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your friend's wedding dress and that tortilla soup sounds so yummy!

B said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my word, that soup looks amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog too - I've been a long-time reader, but a recent follower. I love your blog!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Pretty bride....like the one in the leaves.
Very pretty flowers from your Dad...
Precious Tristan my sweet grandson.
KDM

Micah said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beth, I totally went to college with Christal. I've seen you mention her before on your blog, and I knew she lived in Nashville now, but it never clicked in my head that it was the same person. Tell her Micah Elder said congratulations--she looks beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...