Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up...

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to start the week! 
I am in a good mood this Monday morning, weird I know! 
I think it is the warm weather we have going on! 
We will ignore the fact that we go from SNOW to TORNADOs! 

I made the decision that I am having another Garage Sale this Spring! 
It wont be as big as the last one but and I will only have this one day but its gonna happen! 
So I will be starting some MAJOR Spring Cleaning this week! 
I love getting everything cleaned out and decluttered! 
Yes I am aware that I am weird that I like to clean! 

This past weekend I was off to my Grannys to hang out with her and get some things done at her house.
She had some TV and Comcast issues and I think we got those worked out! 
My words to Comcast this morning (if you follow me on Twitter than you have already heard this)! 
COMCAST FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME SO THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO COME BACK!! 
I was not about to let this Comcast guy off the hook. He came in pushed a few buttons and slung around some cables and he was out the door, so he thought. 
I ran back there to check his work and low and behold IT WAS STILL MESSED UP! 
"HEY BUDDY ITS STILL MESSED UP"! 
I am pretty sure he cussed me a little. 
Long story short he fixed everything( I Think)
He left our house muddy and sweaty but my thoughts are we pay Comcast the big bucks so it wont hurt them to get their hands dirty occasionally! 

I also got Granny all set up on Skype so she can Skype with her great grandson anytime! 
Yes I took his picture while we were Skyping! 
Since we are talking about Tristan I have a quick question! 
I think he needs one of those Bumbo seats! 

Has anyone used them? Did you love or hate it? Is it worth the money??
Just wondering! 

Its been warm here in NashVegas lately and its FANTASTIC!
With the warm weather brings out the neighbors kiddos!
I had to snap a picture of Lilly wearing the Kayne glasses from Christal's wedding! 
So Cute, this sweet girl cracks me up! 
She always has a bow in her hair but don't be fooled she can definitely keep up with her brothers! 


Here is my recipe for the week! 
This recipe and picture came from Tasty Kitchen
I made some adjustments to make it a tad more WW friendly!
I thought it turned out good , I took some the neighbor and we will see if she liked it too!

Chicken with Olives
Ingredients
4 Tablespoons Butter
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
6 pieces Chicken (I Used Thighs And Legs) With Skin
1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
5 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 whole Green Bell Peppers, Seeded And Chopped Into Large Pieces
1 whole 28 Ounce Can Whole Tomatoes, Completely Drained And Juice Squeezed Out, Chopped
1 cup White Wine (or Low Sodium Chicken Broth)
Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
¼ cups Heavy Cream
1 cup Whole Green Olives
12 ounces, weight Linguine, Cooked Al Dente And Drained

Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Remove chicken to a clean plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onions, garlic, and green bell pepper to the pan. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in wine and stir. Add chicken pieces back to pan, cover with lid, and place into the oven for 45 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and remove lid. Add whole green olives and heavy cream (drizzle evenly over the top.) Put on lid and shake the pan to “stir” in the cream. Return to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes to thicken the sauce. Remove from oven and keep lid on until ready to serve.
Place pasta into a large serving bowl or onto a large serving platter. Arrange chicken pieces on top of the pasta, then pour all of the sauce over the top. Can sprinkle with minced fresh parsley and Parmesan, if desired.


4 comments:

Shelli Ryan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We use our bumbo seat with Kendall everyday! She loves being able to sit up these days in it. Make sure you spend the extra $10 and get the bumbo tray if you purchase the seat!!

Jessica said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ugh, maybe cable companies are all the same. I decided to go with RCN here instead of Comcast but they are even worse!!! I'm glad it's all figured out.

And man, everyone and their pictures of food sure do make me hungry! Haha

Katie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The Bumbo was one of those items I swore we didn't need, and then when we got it as a gift, we used it all of the time! I'd say the time the child actually wants to sit in it is rather limited. Once he can sit on his own, he probably won't want to be confined to it. But it's a great way for a baby to be able to sit up before they can do it on their own.

And bonus...we used ours as a traveling high chair for feeding away from home for several months after we stopped using it just for sitting up at home.

ashleycottrell said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have 3 kids and have used the Bumbo with all of them. I LOVE IT!!!! Since they all came to work with for the first 6-8 months I owned 2 so I would have one at work and home. Highly recommend!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...