Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day One...

I pulled on my TOMS (go ahead and laugh Steph and Jayne)at the very early hour of 3am this morning! 
Jumped on a plane and landed here....

OOHHH I love this city! 
I love the energy!
I love all the people! 
I love that it is 100 mph all the time! 
I love that you can turn the corner and see these in the middle of the road...
Its some kind of seating thing...
In the middle of the road! 

I love that in the middle of the day on a Wednesday  this cat was sitting at this table, chain smoking and yelling into his phone! 

I love that you keep walking and turn the corner and BAM a big ole' Farmers Market...


And then around the block you run into this...

You don't have to twist my arm... I think I might just go in :)
They have some sort of chair display going on!



I really really really almost left with this little love! 
Yes its the same one from Modern Family! 

I kept on trucking and went into the Cathedral and lit a candle...

I have to throw these pictures in for my Granny! 
"See Granny New York's finest is everywhere, I promise I am safe"!

Its night time now in the big city and my "dogs are barking"! 
I like to explore, walk and just kinda get lost in the city! 
According to my little pedometer I walked a lot TODAY!! 
I know that the bestie will laugh because she has been to the city with me and she knows how I am!
I avoid the cabs because I like getting the sidewalk action and honestly I am to cheap to pay for it- Ok...lets be REAL honest they are like death traps and I learned that the cab drivers don't like back seat drivers!!
You know (Beware this is going to sound corny) when I was flying in today and the sun was shining and I was overlooking my ALL TIME FAVORITE CITY I thought for a minute "How lucky am I?" and I felt so grateful to be able to take this little trip! 
I took a quick moment to thank God for everything that he has given me! 

My hotel is uber modern!
See my name is even on the TV...
Its the small things that excite me! 
Anyways, my hotel has the supposedly really cool roof deck so my friend that lives here is heading over and we are going to go up there and check it out and catch up! 
The weather is amazing tonight so we thought it would be a perfect time to enjoy it! 
Man I am just all full of the Warm and Fuzzies tonight, LOL! 

Tomorrow is ANDERSON day-EEEEHHHHH! 

4 comments:

Kimberly said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad your enjoying the city! We have been having beautiful weather since IRENE left us.
Tell your GRANNY its safe in the city. My husband works there and my 21 year old lived there in summer. Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy NYC day!!!! :D

Jenny said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very excited for you!! Have a wonderful time ;D

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haha...did that "cat" know you were taking his picture? You're lucky he didn't start yelling at YOU!

I love the cabs...yes, they're scary, but I just sit back, hope for the best, and let them do their jobs.

Love that owl...thanks for finding one more thing for me to be obsessed with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...