Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years ago....

I just told my Granny on the phone the other day that September 11th is one of things that  I think about, hear about or see images on TV that I instantly get a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. 

When it happen I think it made me realize that there is so much more to life then the little life I was living in Nashville, TN! 
I remember the emotions I felt....
Scared for mine and my families safety
Worried that my friend Danny would have to go fight some War somewhere
Worried that from day forward we as a nation would be living a War zone...

I could go on for Days with the things that I worried about and the things that COULD affect Me.
What about the people that it did affect?

What about the people who did have to go to War over this coward less act?
What about the people who did know the building was going to fall and that they were going to die?
What about the people who decided to jump to their death?
What about the people who strapped on their hats, grabbed their axe and ran into what they knew would be their death?
What about the Wives, Moms, Kids, Grandparents, Sister, Brothers who were at home begging and pleading and praying that their loved one won't be killed, that they will make it out ok?
It truly was a day that the world stood still.

On my home from New York when I was on the plane and I started looking at this People magazine.
The more I read the more I cried.
By the end of the magazine I was full on sobbing.
I didn't care that I was on a plane and more then most likely scarring the girl sitting beside me.
I just sat there and prayed for each of those sweet kids and after I gathered my composure I looked over at her and she had tears in her eyes.
She said "I read that magazine last night and I had the same reaction"
This lead to a 45 minute conversation about where we were when it happen, how we felt and so on.

Its a day that affects EVERYONE 
Its a day that No One will ever forget
Its a day that will bring up raw emotions
Its a day that makes the world stop
But this year on this day I am going to be thinking of those people that lived the day that shook me to my core.
This year I will pray for their families
This year I will pray for those precious kiddos in People magazine
This year I will pray for the amazing country that we live in
This year I will pray for those who helped save lives that day and now live with the horrible images that they saw that day.

This year I challenge you to say a prayer for the families and friends of the people that were lost that day. 



Here is the link to my September 11th post last year.

5 comments:

Ambs said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was going to post the SAME song! Between this and "Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning?", I think it sums up my feelings to a tee.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I will never forget...I am watching the replay on TV at this moment...still the same feeling ten years ago...tears in my eyes and chills.
I remember I was walking and you called to tell me what had happened and I rushed home..You, your brothers and I gathered at the house and watched the TV with dismay..It is still so heart wrenching...We live in the best country ever....I love America..Mom

Life With Lauren said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such an amazing post it is such a tragedy the day none of us will forget. Praying for all the families.

Kelly's Avenue said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I got that magazine and I was reading it about the kids and I was crying on each............so so so sad

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yup...sobbing all day long. We lived right outside NYC and it was terrible. My brother's best friend lost his father...he has now graduated from college and is a wonderful young man, but has a hole in his heart forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...