Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up...

What do kidney stones and new cars have in common?
They have been a large part of my weekend! 
At 4am this morning I shot out of bed like a crazy person and then immediately fell to my knees in pain! 
Oh crap I am tensing up thinking about! 
I passed it (TMI I know) but all day long I have been so sore! 
It feels like someone is constantly hitting me in me lower back with a baseball bat! 
EEKK I wouldn't wish those on anyone and I hope I don't ever have them again! 

Ok, now on to the good stuff! 
I got a new to me car this weekend! 
I had been having issues with my car and I found out it was gonna cost a little more then I wanted to spend.
So I decided to at least go look and see what my car would even be worth for trade in and well then that just turned into test driving and me saying "Lets do this, I want this car"! 
So here it is...


(Not sure what that white dot is but its not actually on the car)




I love it!!! 

I made this recipe today...

Gumbo

Ingredients:

3 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons margarine1 large onion, chopped
8 cloves garlic minced1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
3 stalks celery chopped1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley, stems and leaves, coarsely chopped, plus chopped leaves for garnish4 cups hot water
5 beef bouillon cubes1 (14-ounce can) stewed tomatoes with juice
2 cups frozen sliced okra4 green onions, sliced, white and green parts 
1/2 pound small shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked

Directions:

Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides and remove. Add the sausage and cook until browned, then remove. Sprinkle the flour over the oil, add 2 tablespoons of margarine and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until brown, about 10 minutes. Let the roux cool.

Return the Dutch oven to low heat and melt the remaining 3 tablespoons margarine. Add the onion, garlic, green pepper and celery and cook for 10 minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, to taste and the 1/4 bunch parsley. Cook, while stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Add 4 cups hot water and bouillon cubes, whisking constantly. Add the chicken and sausage. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes. Add tomatoes and okra. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Just before serving add the green onions, shrimp and chopped parsley.
If I say so myself its GOOD!!
Thanks Cyndi for the recipe!  


8 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The soup was great and the car is perfect for you..I even got to drive it... <3 Mom

ashley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on the new car, I hope it doesn't cause you any grief for years to come!!!

You poor girl, I feel terrible for you and can only imagine the pain. I hope you are recovering well.

Jackie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beth, I think you will really love your car. My nephew got an Edge when they were first new (black) & he loves it!!
Happy "new" car to you.
Have a great week!!
Jackie

Sarah said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on the car!! It's pirdy!! :)

{annie} said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOVE THE NEW TO YOU CAR!!!!!!

AND...Lance had a kidney stone last week. YOUCH! I though he was going to die right there in the living room floor! We ended up at Summit for 3 hours...and we're still not sure if he's passed it. JOY!

Glad you're feeling better!

michelle ellis said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOVE your new car! Good for you!

And, I am so terribly sorry that you had a kidney stone. I hope you start feeling better very soon!

Heather said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hope you're feeling better from the yucky kidney stone. Those things are all kind of horrible!

And your new car is really nice!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on the new car...

Not on the kidney stones!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...