Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Ripe Old Age of 31...

In my old age of 31 the Time Change is killing me! 
Yesterday at 5:30pm its pitch dark and I am rushing home to go to bed - ITS 5:30!!!!
I compromised and went home and I was in my PJs by 6pm! 
Then this morning I wake up in a panic because I feel like I have overslept!! 

My neighbor came over last night and laughed at me because I was watching Regis and Kelly - at night! 
I DVR it everyday - I cant help it I love them!
I am a tad sad that ole' Regis is leaving I like them together! 

I have now channeled my David Arquettelove from DWTS to Rob Kardashian! 
He got my vote last night! 
Let me just complain for a minute about this show! 
 I am the first to admit that I am embarrassed to watch this show but its just my guilty pleasure! 
It helps me get through my ironing! 
Anyways, JR came out last night and basically asked for a perfect score BEFORE he even danced and he got it! For some reason it made me mad! For anyone who watches the show you know he is going to win they have made that pretty clear but come on give the other guys a shot! I think good ole' Nancy Grace will be going home tonight. 
Ok I am done with the pettiness~ 

Just in case you are wondering it is 44 DAYS till I get to kiss this sweet little face!! 


I made this last night for dinner and it was YUM!
I saw the recipe on Cooking light and then I another version on Pinterest and I am posting the Pinterest version here because the Cooking Light version is at home but I will post that one too! 
Last night when I made I kinda merged the two versions and it was good!

Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Bowtie Pasta



3 large chicken breasts
5 C corn flakes
3/4 C flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 C milk
6 T olive oil  
1   12 oz package bowtie noodles (farfalle)

Sauce: 
1   10 oz container Philadelphia Cooking Cream (Italian Cheese and Herb Flavor)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C chicken broth
1/2 C milk 
fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
  
1. In a small food processor crush the corn flakes into crumbs. 
2. Add the 1/2 t salt to the 3/4 C flour. Stir to combine. 
3. Place the flour, milk and crushed cornflakes each into their own separate pan. Loaf pans work well for this. If you don't have three loaf pans, do not dismay. You could use pie tins, or round cake pans...what ever works for you. 
4. Place your chicken breasts in a gallon sized Ziploc bag and seal the top. 
Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet. You will really be thankful for the Ziploc bag in this step. Who wants a bunch of chicken guts flying around their kitchen? Not me...that's who. 
5. Take a pair of sharp kitchen scissors and cut each breast in half. 
6. Dredge the chicken in the flour. Be sure it gets covered on both sides. 
Lay the floured chicken onto a small cookie sheet and slide the sheet into the freezer. Let it hang out there for about 5 minutes. 
7. Start cooking your pasta. 
8. Remove the chicken from the freezer and dredge each piece in the milkand then immediately into the corn flake crumbs. Again, be sure both sides are covered well. 
9. Add the olive oil to a hot skillet. 
10. Carefully lay each chicken piece into the hot oil. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes....
or until the underside of each piece is nice and golden brown. Turn the pieces over. If the bottom of the pan is dry add just a bit more olive oil to the side of the pan. Swirl the pan around a bit to let the oil flow to all sides. 
11. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium.  Let the chicken cook for about 7 more minutes, being careful not to burn the bottoms. Burned bottoms are not advised. In any shape or form. Thank you. 
12. When your chicken has been cooked through remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with tin foil.  
13. Into the same pan pour your broth. Philly Cooking Creme, Cream of Chicken, and milk. Whisk the sauce around and let it get all warm and bubbly. Should only take about 3 minutes. 
14. Slice your chicken into strips and serve over your cooked pasta and sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley if you choose. 
Enjoy

5 comments:

The Pettijohn's said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Regis is leaving. Man that sucks. I work during the day and do not have a DVR but I watch them if I get a day off and love them together to.

Monica said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That looks delicious! I will have to try it out

Rachel said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YUMMMM that recipe looks delish! Just showed my boyfriend and he said "ooooooh!" So that will definitely be made soon! The time change is killing me too, I was definitely in bed asleep by 8:30 last night, thinking it was like 11. Whoa. And I'm also super sad about Reg leaving. Love me some K&R!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The time change ruins my life too. As soon as the Crazies are getting up from their nap, I want to go to bed...it's so sad.

I'm going to miss Regis too (although, secretly, he bugs the crap out of me).

Nicole-Lynn said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ohh yum! That recipe looks great! Looks familiar, Pinterest? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...