Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Snake

Happy Sunday Evening! 
Its HOT here in Nashville and not much going on so I decided to blog! 
I had this long post prepared with Questions, Thoughts and what I did this weekend! 
I was going to talk about the Sunflowers I am planting....

and that Vera Bradley has their very own water bottles they give you when your shop at their store....



 I was going to talk about the steaks we grilled at Moms for Sunday lunch and then this happen....


I know this is one of those things that you had to be there for but please let me share! 
We were going to grill steaks...
Ryan goes to pull off the grill cover and I am standing on the porch talking to him he gets the cover half off before he flies towards me making some sort of noise! 
The next thing I know he is running through the house
I am STILL standing on the porch asking him "What did you say" 
I then hear my Mom say snake! 
I run into the house and we are all standing there screaming! 
We run to Moms room to look out the window and I see it slither into the tree!
Mom and I are standing there screaming standing in the chair in her room! 
Ryan goes out to look for it so he can kill it
Cant find it
Steaks are now on the grill
I go back to look one more time from Moms window and low and behold there it is wrapped around a branch! 
I scream
Mom and Ryan run in! 
Mom, Ryan and I all standing in Moms chair in her room FREAKING OUT! 
Ryan goes into the garage and tapes a long rod and a rake together to reach it! 
20 minutes later, multiple neighbors later, plenty of screaming and the snake is dead! 
We were all tore up and no steak was eaten AND my throat hurts from Screaming! 
All we wanted was a nice Sunday lunch! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is one episode the three of us will never forget...what an ordeal!! Mom

Paige said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I would die! We had one come up last year and I am thankful for my neighbors who took care of it. : )

Ashley Beasley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ahhhhh I HATE snakes!!!! My brother went to camp this past week and one of the guys was sleeping in the top bunk and woke up to a snake staring him in the face. I would of been screaming too!

Jaime said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the video...I killed one today when I was raking my yard...not as nearly as long as that one but I was still scared!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...