Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Storm....

If you have read this blog at all then you know that I am deathly afraid of storms! 
Its issue and after last night I might have to see a professional about my storm fear! 

I watch the 10pm news and they said storms are coming but I really didnt feel like it would be a big deal. I mean they do say every other day we are going to have the ice storm of the year and nothing ever happens. 
I am in my melatonin sleep and my phone starts going crazy! I check it and turn on the TV and its my worse nightmare! 
"Tornado Warnings"
"Take Cover"
"Its worse then we thought"

I jump up get my rain coat, lantern, my cell and call my Mom and text my brother! 
I WAS FREAKING OUT! 
I swear at one point I was spinning in my den because I didnt know what to do but cry! 
I made the mistake of going outside - I swear you could see the wind and I could just hear trees breaking. 
At this point I am sprinting to my basement. 
The whole time talking to my Mom, Texting with my brother and my friends. 
It all lasted about 30 minutes but it seemed like forever! 
Hands down the worst storm I have ever witnessed! 

This metal was all over my yard and I just could not figure out where it was from! 
My brother came over and said that it wasnt even from my house! 


Rocking Chair Number 1 

 And Rocking chair number 2! 
Can you believe that?
 I cant believe it blew that far! 

This piece of metal was wrapped around a tree in my front yard. 

My poor sidewalk...

I wish I could describe to you how far away this bird feeder was from where it was hanging! 

Im pretty sure that the gutters are supposed to be attached to the house. 

Here is the top half of my bird bath - not idea where the bottom went. 

My back yard and that is not even all of it. 

Honestly I feel blessed because this is my neighbors house!

That is his sons room but thank goodness he was not there. 


WOW! 
I just cant believe that this even happened.
All the pictures are from my cell I will post my camera pictures later! 



5 comments:

Jennifer said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Storms are very scary. My stepdaughters live in OK and their town was hit by a tornado last spring. I was a nervous wreck!

Heather @ From Here to There said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! I'm so sorry y'all had it that bad. We had some weather scares, but nothing too bad ended up here, thank goodness. I was woken up at 3 or 4 am though because I heard the wind and trees outside, that freaked me out a little, but everything was fine from what I could tell on my way to work this morning.

Sarah Wyland said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Last night was terrifying! I've been up since 2:45 when the first tornado warning issued. Love Nashville but the weather... Geez!

jessica said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

we had tornado warnings last night, too. my cat and i were literally shaking in my hall closet wondering wtf was going on outside. i don't have cable, my radio on my phone wasn't working, and my mom wasn't answering her phone. seriously most terrified i'd ever been. so glad i finally got a hold of my dad and he talked to me till it was all over.

your poor neighbors :(

Melissa's Thoughts said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It was crazy last night that is for sure. We were under a tornado warning three different times in M'boro, but it didn't get as bad as you got it. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...